Pete's Wednesday Press Conference w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Scheduled for 12:25, but the feed is now active, so it could be any time now.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Opens saying how it's an exciting week. Big trip heading back East....starting our 4th quarter of the season. Says they are feeling good about the challenge and looking forward to it.

On when Sanchez left USC for the NFL. Said it was just a difference of opinion at the time. Said he was very close to his family. Said Sanchez was forthright and ready to take on the challenge. Said it didn't change their relationship. Says he follows him and roots for him.

Eagles offense does a lot of good things. Mark looks quick in the offense and is very decisive. Said this offense is very productive for the quarterback.

On playing fast tempo teams. Asked if the Eagles are unique. Said no because you can only go as fast as you can go. Says they only do that enough to keep you on your toes. Added that we practice up tempo all the time so we aren't worried about that aspect.

on College coaches in the NFL...Joked that it is a statement of the PAC 12. Then said that the two games aren't as different as you might think. Said Chip's offense isn't a college offense, it's just an offense that came out of college.

Still haven't signed anyone to fill the open roster spot

Said he still speaks with Sanchez from time to time.

on Chris Polk...said he tried to get him at USC.

asked if he'd elect to receive if they won the coin toss and he said they have the way they like to do things, although there are times when that decision can be influenced by other factors.

on their RB's, said that we will see some shaking and baking there this week.

Said their defense is a good group. Said they are ahead a lot so their yardage is somewhat inflated.

Says the extra time between games just gives additional time to analyze more and that a staff that communicates well can take advantage of that.

On Punt Returns. Baldwin and Walters are still competing and we'll see come the end of the week who gets the call.

Helfet is still day to day. They'll know more later in the week, they don't want it to become a game day decision.

Unger won't practice yet but is improving.

Lane is practicing

on Bennett and Avril. We like them together. They like the way they feed off each other and they are building a chemistry together.

Said there was a variety of reasons for our lack of scoring td's including penalties

On the Moeaki non td call. Said they were trying to get the next play going that they didn't really get the time to get a good look. He said after the game he saw it again and thought he should have challenged there.

Said there have been talks with the league on our penalty differential. Said they are aware and are keeping an eye on it

That's it for today. Next Press Conference is Friday

nanomoz

Reaction score
As always, thank you, Kid.

Rather, THANK YOU, KID!

pehawk

Reaction score
What's up with the roster spot? Any more injury-settlement types they're waiting for?

Largent80

Reaction score
Way to go KID !!!!!!!

I was on the road so I appreciate you listening / typing all this up. Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Always look forward to this, thanks!

Glad the league is at least communicating the penalty issue. I'm not one to complain about that sort of thing but it is something that needs to be looked at for sure.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3biv182w said:
What's up with the roster spot? Any more injury-settlement types they're waiting for?

This is a good question. There are only two answers I can think of....1, they have someone they are talking to but it's not final so he didn't mention it on purpose, or 2, they really don't see anyone that fits the Seahawks right now.

Since our team is pretty healthy and we are having several healthy scratches each week, it's not really anything we need to hurry, but I did think they'd want to get someone in today, to at least be a body for practice this week.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-14-Wednesday-Press-Conference/ae5a1706-ef5a-4e73-81a3-9a1e8f8336f5[/urltargetblank]

Video is available for those who want to watch

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I appreciate these posts. I rely on them. Thank you.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Thanks Kid! I didn't want to miss it today but knew you'd cover us. Greatly appreciated! :th2thumbs:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Thanks kiddo, I always look forward to your heads-up :th2thumbs:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
kidhawk":2o9jyqwb said:
on College coaches in the NFL...Joked that it is a statement of the PAC 12. Then said that the two games aren't as different as you might think. Said Chip's offense isn't a college offense, it's just an offense that came out of college.
It was cool how Pete mentioned the old run & shoot as having roots in the college game. The depth and breadth of his football knowledge and perspective is awesome. We're so lucky that our team is built and maintained by the 4 decades of coaching experience, high expectations, and positivity of Pete Carroll.

RiverDog

Reaction score
You do a really good job on these PC breakdowns. It saves me the trouble of going back and watching them.

I'm glad Pete admitted to making a mistake about not challenging the Moeaki catch and run. I was screaming for him to do so as it sure looked to me like he had scored and there wasn't that much to risk if he lost the challenge. But I don't buy his excuse of being rushed trying to get the next play in. The Niners called a timeout, so there was plenty of time for him and his guys in the booth to think it over, and we were on offense and as such controlled the start of the next play. They just plain blew it.