Trent Cole & Russel Okung

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/12/04/russell-okung-has-nothing-to-say-about-philadelphias-trent-cole/[/urltargetblank]

Sunday will be the first time Okung has played Philadelphia since Eagles linebacker Trent Cole’s hip throw of him — at the end of a running play to the other side of the field with less than 2 minutes left in a 17-point game in Seattle — tore Okung’s pectoral muscle and ended the left tackle’s 2011 season. Cole got fined $7,500 by the league for the stunt, which is the equivalent of you or me getting fined $1.50 for an overdue library book. A few months after this play, Cole signed a four-year, $48,525,000 contract extension with the Eagles.

When I asked Okung about that play and Cole yesterday, he was direct and clear.

“I am not talking about that,” he said sternly.

I had let that play slip my mind, but it sounds like Okung hasn't forgotten it (not that I would if I were him). Adds just a little more intensity to an already intense match up.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wow, yeah, that's an interesting aside to this. Nice find.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Let's hope they don't let this history allow them to draw any stupid flags.
We can beat the Eagles but it will be hard to overcome a ton of flags and turnovers.
Kick his A$$, after the game.
:{)

pehawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1lgmhqzx said:
Big Russ is due a penalty.

Exactly. I'd send Sweezy over a few times to earhole him as well.

A 15 yarder is worth it in this instance. Totally worth it. In fact, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't occur.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Great find and I expect Okung to have a monster game.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I look at it a tad bit differently...

While we all hope this will light a fire under Okung and get him playing pissed off and driven, I can't help but wonder if maybe he's actually more scared or intimidated? I hope not and I am not saying he's one or the other but we will certainly see what kind of man he is...

:snack:

hawknation2014

Reaction score
This is probably Okung's toughest matchup of the season, even more than the Niners' combo of Justin and Aldon Smith.

Okung did a great job keeping those guys in check last week . . . Fletcher Cox (34 pressures and 27 run stops), Trent Cole (42 pressures and 21 run stops), and Brandon Graham (37 pressures and 20 run stops) pose an even bigger challenge.

Fortunately, Okung is playing some of his best football of the last two years.

Boycie

Reaction score
DJrmb":rvfxfiw0 said:

While we all hope this will light a fire under Okung and get him playing pissed off and driven, I can't help but wonder if maybe he's actually more scared or intimidated? I hope not and I am not saying he's one or the other but we will certainly see what kind of man he is...

The fact that Russel didn't say something like "that was a long time ago," or "I haven't even thought about it" tells me he means business this Sunday, and is looking to lay that fool out!

FargoHawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":1pv497je said:

Why would he be scared or intimidated? The guy cheap-shotted him. If the guy beat him straight-up then I would understand (even though "scared" probably isn't the right word). I would say Okung has a little more motivation to do his job this week.

drrew

Reaction score
DJrmb":2dg63m0j said:

Crazy. You do not reach this level if you're scared or intimidated by anyone, especially not Trent Cole. Most professional athletes (even the bench guys) firmly believe they're the absolute best in the world at what they do. An offensive lineman in the NFL does not have a career if he's legitimately scared or intimidated by anyone.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1okn3hk9 said:
Ace_Rimmer":1okn3hk9 said:
DJrmb":1okn3hk9 said:

The fact that Russel didn't say something like "that was a long time ago," or "I haven't even thought about it" tells me he means business this Sunday, and is looking to lay that fool out!

Welcome aboard, mister Rimmer sir. :2:

That was Ace Rimmer, we're lucky to be alive!

Ace Rimmer: Flying over 90% of .net' heads.

chawx

Reaction score
[youtube]1ERefCPSLBU[/youtube]

That play erked me so bad that I recorded that play and posted it on YouTube. $7,500 fine for that is a joke! That guy needed to be suspended for the entire year after that stunt!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FargoHawk":2vdf1u2y said:
DJrmb":2vdf1u2y said:

Why would he be scared or intimidated? The guy cheap-shotted him. If the guy beat him straight-up then I would understand (even though "scared" probably isn't the right word). I would say Okung has a little more motivation to do his job this week.
Yup, and Cole took the cheap shot after getting completely owned. He waited for Okung to disengage and look away from him well after the whistle was blown. Scared of that punkazz ish? Give me a a break.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
chawx":7uwa8852 said:
[youtube]1ERefCPSLBU[/youtube]

That play erked me so bad that I recorded that play and posted it on YouTube. $7,500 fine for that is a joke! That guy needed to be suspended for the entire year after that stunt!!

He was frustrated because Okung was owning his @$$ on that play, riding him six yards downfield like a sled.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If Okung didn't have problems with a fresh Aldon Smith, he'll be fine against Cole. I also expect him to dominate in the run game.

Okung is about to throw Cole "out of the club".

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I, too, am not going to be mad at all if Okung plays well past the whistle on every play and gets a penalty.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't think Cole is anywhere near as good as Smith. He will be fine this week.