The importance of the Seahawks strength and training program

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Very underrated, compared to the Holmgren regime it seems our young players get bigger and faster much quicker. Less injuries too.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The team looks faster and stronger than their opponents not only because of their scouting but also because Chris Carlisle is one of the best in the business. He was at SC for the totality of Carroll's tenure at USC, and those SC teams all looked faster and stronger than just about anyone else in the country. Before that, he was at Tennessee when they won their National Championship. His methods emphasize practical strength and intensity.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Chris believes in training to the specific movements needed for football. Some of the Nike SPARQ training is directly from his approach.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Chris does a very good job. I've also had the opportunity to compete with and talk shop with Ex-Husky strength coach Bill Gillespie who I think is the best on the planet. I believe he was on the Seahawks staff for a brief period of time as well. Glad to see Chris getting some recognition, he's doing a great job.