anyone hear Hugh Millen go off on a Philly reporter...

irocdave

Reaction score
I turned the radio on after it was over, but judging from the callers reaction and a short clip of Millen loosing it (swearing on air at the guy) it seemed like it would be worth listening to again. I guess this started when the sideline reporter for the Eagle's called Lynch stupid and a weirdo. Millen snapped and lit the guy up while throwing in an F bomb. I had no idea Millen was such a fan of Lynch. Millen also made comments about an east coast mediot that doesn't know anything about the Hawks yet feels compelled to make statements about the team and individual players.

They took callers in the aftermath and everyone one of them said it was awesome and that they all would have taken the same approach to dealing with the Philly idiot.

Anyone hear this live? Thoughts?

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Not as much as he used to be but yes, he is still doing his thing on KJR. I don't get the hate for Millen, dude is a local guy that played QB at the UW and had an extended stay in the NFL as a back up QB. He is a homer, but he is OUR homer. He see's things the same way most of us old farts ( 40+ YO) have seen things related to Seattle sports since the 80's.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
irocdave":1fs7wd2r said:
I don't get the hate for Millen ... played QB at the UW

It's funny that you started with that and then instantly justified it.

That said, I appreciated what he did here.

endzorn

Reaction score
I love Hugh Millen and I don't live anywhere near Seattle. I listen to his podcasts on KJR because he's thoughtful and tries to be objective. It was great when so many people piles on him about his post-draft Wilson comments. He saw it how he saw it looking through years of experience and he was wrong. Not many people were right, other than the all knowing football geniuses here, of course.

I'm going to have to find this.

endzorn

Reaction score
I'm guessing Millen just earned some locker room respect.

endzorn

Reaction score
It was also funny how Eskin's tone changed after millen's F Bomb.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I don't get the hate for Millen either. I don't agree with his political views or how he tried to railroad Neuheisel (as a Bruin) but the dude knows football and is definitely entertaining to listen to.

pehawk

Reaction score
endzorn":2zmjft2c said:
I love Hugh Millen and I don't live anywhere near Seattle. I listen to his podcasts on KJR because he's thoughtful and tries to be objective. It was great when so many people piles on him about his post-draft Wilson comments. He saw it how he saw it looking through years of experience and he was wrong. Not many people were right, other than the all knowing football geniuses here, of course.

I'm going to have to find this.

I'm with you. I love Hugh, he's the only thing I listen to on KJR.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I heard the whole thing, it was so damn sweet hearing him drop an f bomb at this punk. And the guy thought was so funny :roll:
Calling Lynch "a wierdo" etc. Bringing up the Sonics.

Screw him and everything Philly

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1x5nsthv said:
Calling Lynch a weirdo was one thing, but anyone who takes a Sonics dig can eat curb in my book.

I actually yelled "does Philadelphia have one?".

Dude, this guy's pissing me off. I hardly ever get riled up by media types, but this dude.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
This Philly reporter is a dweeb. I hope he makes good on his promise to call Lynch a "weirdo" to his face in the locker room after the game, but I doubt he will.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3d7t9fvm said:
irocdave":3d7t9fvm said:
I don't get the hate for Millen ... played QB at the UW

It's funny that you started with that and then instantly justified it.

That said, I appreciated what he did here.

Not intentional, just looking at things from my born and raised Seattle perspective. My Seattleness was tested for about 8 years in my youth living in Sacramento. Land of A's, Angel's, Raiders and niner fans. O yea, the team that should have been the Ballmer owned current sonics, Kings.

I represented the Hawks and UW loud and proud from 84 - 91 in that mosh pit of pro sports fans and took my fair share of crap for it. I also had Safeway paper bags with the UW logo taped to my school books the entire time I spent at Peter Kirk Elementary School in Kirkland when I was a little lad in the late 70's.

I understand the biasedness from levels unknown from most Seattle sports fans.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
irocdave":2nzyvc1g said:
Not as much as he used to be but yes, he is still doing his thing on KJR. I don't get the hate for Millen, dude is a local guy that played QB at the UW and had an extended stay in the NFL as a back up QB. He is a homer, but he is OUR homer. He see's things the same way most of us old farts ( 40+ YO) have seen things related to Seattle sports since the 80's.

I played against Millen in pick-up bball at the IMA at UW several times. Once I went up for a rebound and Millen grabbed it at the same time. I remember being lifted off the floor and being swung around until I let go. Spent the rest of the game trying to elbow him in the groin, but no good opportunity ever presented itself.