Chris Matthews to active roster

sturg78

Reaction score
Sweet. I still want him to browner his way to stardom

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not sure why Pete was so hush hush about it. He said they'd make a move today. It wouldn't say what it was.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I hope he's active tomorrow. Would like to see one or two red zone targets to him. We need someone to step up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not against this addition but the one thing that disturbed with Matthews is I didn't see much of a spark in the guy. Size aside, he didn't seem to bring much to the position last time around. OTOH, he didn't get a heckuva lot of opportunities either.

The FO has been making some pretty savvy moves here as of late so hopefully the trend continues.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":2g9j98pc said:
Not sure why Pete was so hush hush about it. He said they'd make a move today. It wouldn't say what it was.

He had to make it official first. Just good business. Since Matthews was on PS technically anyone could still swoop in until signed on the dotted line.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all. I was guessing it would be him or Dion Bailey called up. The reason Carroll didn't tell anyone until today and they didn't make this move earlier in the week is because Pete wanted to retain the element of surprise by not giving the Eagles the opportunity to prepare during the week to defend a taller receiver on Seahawk red zone plays. The lateness of this move during the week also suggests that Matthews will be active tomorrow.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
To me it suggests that no one better became available between Wednesday and Friday. Chip Kelly ain't changing his game plan for freakin' Chris Matthews. I'd be surprised if he was active tomorrow.

Jville

Reaction score
This move put some additional monies in Mathews account. Plus it spot lights a former CFL player at a time when there is clearly some CFL recruiting taking place.

King Dog

Reaction score
Oh ^%$&. The Hawks just elevated Chris Matthews from the practice squad.

- Chip Kelly

AgentDib

Reaction score
I get that everybody wants to be hopeful based on physical attributes, but what about Chris Matthews is more interesting than Luke Willson? Red zone targets do not have to line up at WR, just look at the Patriots offense.

Willson is taller and stronger than Matthews, and had both a quicker 40 yard dash and a much better vertical jump. More importantly, he has caught passes from RW before in the NFL. He dropped too many passes early but has looked better since coming back from injury. Moeaki has also been good lately, but for some reason Hawk fans just look at our WR heights and start feeling insecure.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
This guy has to have better hands than Luke Willson! I know hes listed at WR but the guy lined up in the slot like Graham and Gronk should be able to go up over 90% of the line backers and safeties that are guarding him.

Smellyman

Reaction score
AgentDib":3ldrwojk said:
I get that everybody wants to be hopeful based on physical attributes, but what about Chris Matthews is more interesting than Luke Willson? Red zone targets do not have to line up at WR, just look at the Patriots offense.

Willson is taller and stronger than Matthews, and had both a quicker 40 yard dash and a much better vertical jump. More importantly, he has caught passes from RW before in the NFL. He dropped too many passes early but has looked better since coming back from injury. Moeaki has also been good lately, but for some reason Hawk fans just look at our WR heights and start feeling insecure.

once you get on a message board "sh#t list" for something like drops it is hard to shake.

evidence be damned

King Dog

Reaction score
Chris Matthews is our secret weapon of mass destruction. You can only hope to contain him.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Front office and the coaches say he's ready to go, then he's ready to go. Don't care what happened before.