To all the football experts that picked the Eagles...

SeaWolv

Reaction score
...suck it!!! You were wrong the Hawks are getting ready to make another run.

rjdriver

Reaction score
How will you cope with your college teams new coach? Lol

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
rjdriver":1n2ywheo said:

I hope we get Jim to come to Ann Arbor. I know he can be a whiney bitch but even as a Hawk fan you have to admit the guy can coach. You love Jim when he's playing for you and hate him when he's on the other team. I just think his style is more suited to the college game than the NFL. Not to mention he's a Bo disciple and definitely one of the better QB's in UM Football history.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Here's a HUGE shocker...............Tony Dungy picked Philly to win today, Frisco last week, etc. Keep on picking against Seattle Tony. Oh and btw, butthurt much over what the Hawks did to your precious Pey Pey in XLVIII?

rideaducati

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3aie8kjg said:
rjdriver":3aie8kjg said:

I hope we get Jim to come to Ann Arbor. I know he can be a whiney bitch but even as a Hawk fan you have to admit the guy can coach. You love Jim when he's playing for you and hate him when he's on the other team. I just think his style is more suited to the college game than the NFL. Not to mention he's a Bo disciple and definitely one of the better QB's in UM Football history.

Niner fans are starting to hate him, so Harbaugh isn't hated JUST by the other teams fans.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
rideaducati":yc8lryog said:
Niner fans are starting to hate him, so Harbaugh isn't hated JUST by the other teams fans.

Thus my coaching style not being suited to the NFL comment. I don't think the folks in Palo Alto would have minded him sticking around.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3nab3ho9 said:
rideaducati":3nab3ho9 said:

Thus my coaching style not being suited to the NFL comment. I don't think the folks in Palo Alto would have minded him sticking around.
Hey Seawov, are you in Michigan too? I thought I was the only Wolverine/Seahawk fan on this board. Awesome. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":90t7p5p4 said:
SeaWolv":90t7p5p4 said:
rideaducati":90t7p5p4 said:

Hey Seawov, are you in Michigan too? I thought I was the only Wolverine/Seahawk fan on this board. Awesome. :th2thumbs:

I was born and raised in Ann Arbor but I lived in Bellevue from 1993 to 2006 and then moved back to Michigan and am now living in Midland. How about you?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SeaWolv":kakn5wv7 said:
Seahwkgal":kakn5wv7 said:
SeaWolv":kakn5wv7 said:
rideaducati":kakn5wv7 said:

I was born and raised in Ann Arbor but I lived in Bellevue from 1993 to 2006 and then moved back to Michigan and am now living in Midland. How about you?
I was actually born in California but my family moved a lot. We ended up in Sunnyside WA from 1976-1984. I fell in love with Zorn/Largent/Seahawks in 77. We moved to southwestern MI in 1984(Zeeland) and have been here since. Ron Essink played at my alma mater in HS, so it seemed fitting. lol. Anyways, I basically love all Michigan teams except I stayed with my Hawks. I could not give them up ever. Hell, even Barry Sanders could not make me jump ship.

I would LOVE to see Harbaugh coach the Maize and Blue!!

xgeoff

Reaction score
253hawk":3p1onv9a said:
Kurt Warner called it this morning during 'Bold Predictions'...said Seattle would hold the Eagles to under 200 yards total offense. They've only been held under 300 three times since Kelly took over.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-g ... gles-wings

I love this video not only for Kurt Warners prediction, but because it continues to show what an idiot Michael Irvin is. How is this guy still on these shows? He's stupid! He called Johnny Manziel 'Johnny Mac'. WTF people, get him off the air!

Hawks46

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1km8j8lr said:

It's not exactly a horrible pick. Their Defense is legit....I was surprised they were able to stop the run for so long even though they'd been on the field for most of the game. That was one of the worst games I've seen this year for disparity in TOP, yet the Eagle's D didn't give up.

I was almost as shocked that Bevell countered with a bunch of intermediate passes in the 3rd quarter and took them off balance as they were stacking the box for the run.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hawks46":3q1e4d55 said:
SeaWolv":3q1e4d55 said:
<snip>
I was almost as shocked that Bevell countered with a bunch of intermediate passes in the 3rd quarter and took them off balance as they were stacking the box for the run.

Isn't it a shocker those times when Bevell looks not just competent, but actually really good? When he adjusts to the opponent and the game situation? What a concept!
I just have to think it's the overall OL continuity, having a strong offensive identity, (i.e.,, without the cutesy Percy distraction plays being forced into the mix), and the emergence of improved TE play from Moeaki and Willson.

On top of that, the Hawk D is playing so unbelievably lights out, the offense doesn't have to try too hard or overthink, "How to outscore our opponents?" They just have to grind, grind, grind, score a little here and a little there, and wear the opponent down with body shots over the course of the game. That has to make an OC's job 10x easier.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3ka2idth said:
Here's a HUGE shocker...............Tony Dungy picked Philly to win today, Frisco last week, etc. Keep on picking against Seattle Tony. Oh and btw, butthurt much over what the Hawks did to your precious Pey Pey in XLVIII?

Meh, one of the last things on tonight's SNF broadcast featured them throwing it to Dungy, who talked us up as the team who has put everyone on notice, the team that nobody wants to play. Tony isn't a very bright guy, but I don't think there's any hate coming our way from him.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1p0awbfl said:
rjdriver":1p0awbfl said:

We need him like Luke Skywalker needs Darth Vador. How could we ever get another supervillian like Harbaugh?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2716y06g said:
SeaWolv":2716y06g said:
rjdriver":2716y06g said:

We need him like Luke Skywalker needs Darth Vador. How could we ever get another supervillian like Harbaugh?

LOL. But seriously, Michigan needs something BAD. They need a serious coach and a new recruiting honcho. The talent on that team just blows.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3af4d0gn said:
SeaWolv":3af4d0gn said:
rjdriver":3af4d0gn said:

As a longtime Seahawk fan (not since 1976 but 1993) I don't think of Harbaugh as a villain but an arch nemesis. Of course it's easy to make fun of his press conferences whineyness and his douche bagery but 3 NFCCG's in 3 years is impressive. He clearly knows how to coach.

As a Wolverine I have a soft place in my heart for what Jim did while he was in Ann Arbor and the reverence he has for my favorite coach of all Bo Schembechler (Pete Carroll is making up ground).

Edit: BTW, Luke did need Vader in order to bring balance to the force by killing the emperor.