Can we all agree to be positive this win?

Cartire

Reaction score
Seriously?

I would love it if we can just appreciate this HUGE road win. Great football on both sides of the ball.

But can .net resist the urge to question our team?

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2g4soc7r said:
Seriously?

I would love it if we can just appreciate this HUGE road win. Great football on both sides of the ball.

But can .net resist the urge to question our team?

Hell of a win, RW was on it, and our D is back(if they already were not there from the Cardinals game) to championship form.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't know what we can question.

At the start of the year, that San Francisco, Philly, San Francisco stretch looked BRUTAL.

There was NO WAY this team could make it through that stretch without at least 2 losses.

First, playing on Thursday on short rest IN SF, on grass, and against a team that we hadn't beaten in their house in YEARS. Likely guys would come out of that battle bruised and tired, just from the physical nature of those games.

Then fly across the country to play outdoors (likely in snow?) in Philly, our guys likely being exhausted from the trip and recovery. Meanwhile SF gets a relative skip away against one of the weakest teams in the league. Almost a bye week for them with almost no travel.

Then we fly all the way back to Seattle to battle SF again, with a very realistic chance at having 2 losses - even as a good team.

Well we have one more game to go and I am sure SF will be fired up to try and trip us...but the hard part of that stretch we came out unscathed. WITHOUT our starting center!

Even the most cynical Hawk fan has to be dancing in the streets for this outcome. This is literally the best case we can imagine, almost making up for the Dallas or the KC losses.

Yeah it would have been great it AZ lost today but wow.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
BORING!

Our special teams sucks. We've got no good returners, I can't believe I'm anticipating the return of Bryan Walters. And what the hell is up with Jon Ryan. Cut him already, or at least add some competition. But preferably cut him, we can just put TJACK in to throw it deep on 4th down, nobody cares about his stats.

Russell Wilson should have had two picks today. I also noticed two overthrows and one underthrown pass.

Lynch fumbled the freakin ball. I'm genuinely worried about his ball security. Time to give Turbin and Michael at least an equal amount of carries.

Kearse dropped a first down again today. I couldn't care about his diving catch, he needs to be catching the simple ones. It might have been a bit of a hard and low throw though, which would be Wilson's fault. Did I mention Wilson should have thrown two picks?

I've said my piece. We got lucky today. I'm thinking we lose out.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
They way we started the season, I was sad about the "superb owl hangover"

But Hell! this Win was AWESOME-I am not complaining, just appreciating what we have!!!

go hawks!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
2007 Haselbeck was better.

:sarcasm_off:

Seriously though, I am enjoying it. Not perfect to be sure but no team is. Special teams will be better next week and so will Britt.

capncrunch

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":39o69ntu said:
BORING!

Our special teams sucks. We've got no good returners, I can't believe I'm anticipating the return of Bryan Walters. And what the hell is up with Jon Ryan. Cut him already, or at least add some competition. But preferably cut him, we can just put TJACK in to throw it deep on 4th down, nobody cares about his stats.

Russell Wilson should have had two picks today. I also noticed two overthrows and one underthrown pass.

Lynch fumbled the freakin ball. I'm genuinely worried about his ball security. Time to give Turbin and Michael at least an equal amount of carries.

Kearse dropped a first down again today. I couldn't care about his diving catch, he needs to be catching the simple ones. It might have been a bit of a hard and low throw though, which would be Wilson's fault. Did I mention Wilson should have thrown two picks?

HaHaHa

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Great win. Beat a good football team in their house. Complete domination. Overcame an early ST mistake. Seahawk defense....they held the Eagles to 139 total yards. The Seahawks ran for more yards than Eagles had total. Very nice. Time to win out and claim the NFC West.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Game was far from perfect, but perfect games rarely happen.

This was a signature win, the NFL has officially been put on notice.

RiverDog

Reaction score
OK, I'll be the Devil's advocate.

ST's need work. Richardson got nailed twice inside the 20 on KO returns. Kearse let punts drop twice and we lost about 25 yards in field position, then he doesn't call for the fair catch and gets clobbered. I want to see Walters back there again.

Russell's been living right, got away with what could have been a game changing pick 6.

Lockette's flop was really bad.

Good enough?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RiverDog":1it376vs said:
OK, I'll be the Devil's advocate.

ST's need work. Richardson got nailed twice inside the 20 on KO returns. Kearse let punts drop twice and we lost about 25 yards in field position, then he doesn't call for the fair catch and gets clobbered. I want to see Walters back there again.

Russell's been living right, got away with what could have been a game changing pick 6.

Lockette's flop was really bad.

Good enough?
Baldwin man, not Kearse.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1jxm6z8o said:
BORING!

Win is a win in the NFL and I will take it. Stupid sh#t can be fixed during the week. I will admit however, that I really hated Ryan for about 25 minutes. Amazing how quick one can turn on a player who has, overall, been a great seahawk.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
gargantual":3lbqy7mw said:
.......and Philly is still a good team........
I thought their D played well today especially considering they were on the field for 42 mins. man their level of conditioning must be really high because I expected them to be worn out in the 4th and they really weren't.

Their offense however, sucked. But in fairness they had a backup QB playing against the best D in the NFL.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
RiverDog":3cne92na said:

It was Doug on punts, and Carroll said he instructed him to let some punts drop due to funky wind conditions.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":21pr9pn6 said:
Game was far from perfect, but perfect games rarely happen.

This was a signature win, the NFL has officially been put on notice.

Yes!! I thought this as well. When was our " NFL on notice game" going to happen? Last year I said it was when we destroyed the 9ers.

This year, had to be this game, even if we didn't rough them up but we did! It seemed many pundits agreed that both teams were good but it was split in the media.

No knock punches but quit a few hooks connected and we wore them down big time. You could tell how runs changed from 3 to 4 yards in the beginning to 10 yard bursts.