A few observations

kmedic

Reaction score
Anyone notice that the Eagles seem to know our audibles? Every time Russell said the "alert alert" audible they knew it was going to be a run play and they knew which side they were running it to by their finger pointing.

Byron Maxwell is probably our best slot corner, played a hell of a game today.

Justin Britt really needs to work on his pass blocking. Not sure If we chalk this up to his 'rookie' status or that he just might not have it to block good DEs.

I'd like to see more action to Baldwin. He's one of the smartest guys playing in this league out there IMO. Just always seems to make the right decisions.

Loved the body language by the defense today, a lot like the last three weeks. Tons of celebrating, talking smack, acting like they just won the game on a routine tackle. That tells you all you need to know about their mindset.

jkitsune

Reaction score
kmedic":21bx96lm said:
Justin Britt really needs to work on his pass blocking. Not sure If we chalk this up to his 'rookie' status or that he just might not have it to block good DEs.

Seems like if Britt becomes even an average pass blocker, he'll be a good RT for years to come. He's nasty run blocking.

kearly

Reaction score
Britt could probably manage a move to guard just fine. It wouldn't surprise me if Britt ends up at LG and Bailey at RT in 2015 or 2016.

Which of course is insanely premature to suggest. Most rookie tackles struggle in protection, and Britt hasn't been THAT bad in protection considering.

Also, I thought the first sack Britt gave up was on Wilson, who should have seen the pass rusher coming but didn't step into the pocket.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
kearly":1p1culi7 said:
Britt could probably manage a move to guard just fine. It wouldn't surprise me if Britt ends up at LG and Bailey at RT in 2015 or 2016.

Which of course is insanely premature to suggest. Most rookies tackles struggle in protection, and Britt hasn't been THAT bad in protection considering.

Also, I thought the first sack Britt gave up was on Wilson, who should have seen the pass rusher coming but didn't step into the pocket.

Agree with all of this. Today was not one for Britt's resume, but he's done some good things this season.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
I saw Britt dominate more often than not. He had a pancake block in the second quarter on a pass play where Russell ran anyway. Guy is a pro bowler in the making.