Russell's Growth

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
Its hard not to compare and contrast the two paths Wilson and Kaepernick have taken. They both came about at the same time, both are considered "running qbs", and they are on very similar teams.

But the gap between the two QBs is starting to show and even though this isn't very surprising to those of us who felt Kaepernick was a overrated chump, its still a pleasure to see the rest of the league find it out. Russell may never be a 4,000 yd passer or a 40 TD QB, but decision making and pre snap growth have made him a weapon that few can defend. We don't have to look very far to find a young QB who did not take advantage of the defense and team he had and that is what makes Wilson special. He has a great team around him but he knows that he still must grow and become great.

That is what gives this team the edge. Our defense might keep our games close but Wilson always gives us a chance to win. They are a perfect complement to each other and it takes a awesome player like Wilson to understand the great opportunity he has and make the best out of it. He has a lot to improve still, specially in the pocket. But Wilson is the type of person you can rest well assured that hes going to put his time and heart in to perfect his weaknesses. The other QB that we love to hate in the red and the gold, not so much.

Sac

Reaction score
I bet Russell had some growth. Did you see that picture of Joseph Fauria's (ex) girlfriend?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Why do you think he's playing better Sac ?

Seriously, he wasn't playing all that well the first half of the year, but he seems to be pulling out of it.

Sac

Reaction score
He played very well the first several games, then had a mini-meh stretch, now he's awesome again.

OP
OP
D

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":kvil27fv said:
I bet Russell had some growth. Did you see that picture of Joseph Fauria's (ex) girlfriend?

You know what they say about guys with big hands...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
DavidCruz24":3ff71z0u said:
SacHawk2.0":3ff71z0u said:

You know what they say about guys with big hands...

Big gloves.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1wswn6fb said:
Why do you think he's playing better Sac ?

Seriously, he wasn't playing all that well the first half of the year, but he seems to be pulling out of it.

Wilson was completing 70% of his passes and had something like a 110 passer rating through the first four games. I think most of the problems after that were due to injuries to the OL (he was playing behind a fourth string center at one point) and Percy Harvin's departure. Half the offense seemed designed to try to get Harvin the ball in space so between making adjustments to the offense and terrible pass protection there was no rhythm in the passing game. The rhythm is back now and so is Russell Wilson.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Y'all got it wrong. Rosenthal rates him #10 QB in the league because he 'hasn't grown within the offense.' Never mind that his OL is in constant flux, or the WRs truly are 'pedestrian' compared to teams like GB, DEN, SD, SF, PHI, ARI, DAL, ATL, NO, NE... I could go on. No sure what the author used to back up his claim, but one could easily argue that Russ has done way more with a lot less than most any QB in the league...especially the ones ahead of him on that top ten list.

Seahawk79

Reaction score
Y'all got it wrong. Rosenthal rates him #10 QB in the league because he 'hasn't grown within the offense.' Never mind that his OL is in constant flux, or the WRs truly are 'pedestrian' compared to teams like GB, DEN, SD, SF, PHI, ARI, DAL, ATL, NO, NE... I could go on. No sure what the author used to back up his claim, but one could easily argue that Russ has done way more with a lot less than most any QB in the league...especially the ones ahead of him on that top ten list.

Seattle wide receivers have been targeted 211 times this year, for 30th in the whole NFL. Yet they catch 68.2 of the balls thrown to them, sitting behind only one team at 2nd in the league. They rarely drop a ball, 2.4 of the times targeted they let a pass go thru their hands which is 6th in the entire league. So technically you're incorrect, we have very solid WR's that make circus plays left and right when actually thrown to. The real issue if any with our WR's is that they aren't targeted enough. Russ needs to keep letting it fly when he has single man coverage, just like he did yesterday. The deep ball is the only part of our O that was down, and that's an easy fix when RW trusts his WR's. Let em go get it!

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I know we won. I know he's good at improvising. I know people are going to give excuses for Russ.

...but he needs to improve his accuracy. Missing Turbin on the flat because he threw it too high makes you wonder. I feel Russ has been very inaccurate this season. It's either too high or too short. I hope he fixes this. Go Russ!

justafan

Reaction score
It always amazes me that Wilsons bad games are not the 3 interceptions days where the QB throws the game away.He doesnt make those stupid throws all young QBs make.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Want it Jaworski that Kaepernik could become one of the greatest QBs in NFL history?

And where are all those writers that dubbed RGIII the offensive rookie of the year?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It's hard to get into a rhythm when you're throwing about 20 times a game. I'd take those overthrows any day rather than the multiple INT's

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seahawk79":1w22juuy said:

Seattle wide receivers have been targeted 211 times this year, for 30th in the whole NFL. Yet they catch 68.2 of the balls thrown to them, sitting behind only one team at 2nd in the league. They rarely drop a ball, 2.4 of the times targeted they let a pass go thru their hands which is 6th in the entire league. So technically you're incorrect, we have very solid WR's that make circus plays left and right when actually thrown to. The real issue if any with our WR's is that they aren't targeted enough. Russ needs to keep letting it fly when he has single man coverage, just like he did yesterday. The deep ball is the only part of our O that was down, and that's an easy fix when RW trusts his WR's. Let em go get it!

Those stats are great but that hardly means they are great. They are not they are at best Avg with no true #1 WR. A lot of the times they cannot even get open with our Rw helping them by moving. Rw does not need to let it fly, he needs to throw to the open guy if there is one, and help them get open if there is not. Sorry but pretty much every expert out there says our WRs are avg at best. Also for you to sit there and say the WR are solid and the issue is the QB is well makes you wonder if you really watched the games. I cannot count the number of times Rw has given his WR a chance to make a play and they have failed, so sorry they are avg at best and without RW helping them get open they are not even that.