Can we talk about Richard Sherman?

smerfy01

Reaction score
I mean, really, can we?

Did he allow a single catch?

He's allowed, what, 0 touchdowns this season so far?

3 INTs, 1 forced fumble, almost 50 tackles.

This guy is having yet ANOTHER monster season. I think the biggest play against him all season was the 'tripping' catch from Dez Bryant in the Cowboys game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
His play against the run this year is better than I've ever seen it.

Some teams ignore him so completely that he can bail early to defend the run, and he's stoning guys when he does it.

OP
OP
S

smerfy01

Reaction score
Hawks46":26gjjk6a said:
His play against the run this year is better than I've ever seen it.

Some teams ignore him so completely that he can bail early to defend the run, and he's stoning guys when he does it.

Yeah, I've seen him lay down some really nice hits and form tackles against good RBs all season. I really don't think it's a question anymore as to how dominant he can be out there.

When you have teams scheming to never throw to your side, you know you're the best.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Thought I heard on the NFL network he was targeted 6 times giving up 3 completions for 28ish total yards.

original poster

Reaction score
I love the way he's constantly taunting the fans, he's the sort of player that if you supported any other team you'd absolutely despise the guy!

peppersjap

Reaction score
He is having his best season ever and he still has next week against Kaepernick who seems to be completely losing it!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":2zb1a7o0 said:
Thought I heard on the NFL network he was targeted 6 times giving up 3 completions for 28ish total yards.

According to PFF, they attempted just two passes against Sherman and completed neither.

Sherman's cover snaps per completed pass have swelled to 19.2. No one else is in the same class.

2014 Cover Snaps/Reception (min. 50% snaps)
1. Richard Sherman - 19.2
2. Darrelle Revis - 14.7
3. Vontae Davis - 14.5
3. Demetrius McCray - 14.5

2013 Cover Snaps/Reception (min. 50% snaps)
1. Richard Sherman - 18.9
2. Darrelle Revis - 16.4
3. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - 15.7

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Could have sworn that he gave up a touchdown or two earlier this year when we were struggling pretty hard, but I could easily be mistaken.

Definitely been playing lights out lately tho.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
akscoundrel":1dl38di6 said:
Could have sworn that he gave up a touchdown or two earlier this year when we were struggling pretty hard, but I could easily be mistaken.

Sherman's credited with "allowing" just one TD all year. He wasn't actually beat in coverage on that play. He dropped to take the inside man and Chancellor was matched up one on one outside with DeSean Jackson. It was a weird matchup, Chancellor was beat by a couple steps, and Sherman came across the field to make the TD-saving tackle. He ended up missing the tackle, which is one of the few times that's happened this year.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Yep Sterling. And as some have already pointed out unlike most "shut down" corners, Sherm is excellent against the run. Sherm island denies the pass and knocks you on your asp, then laughs at you.

TXHawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":3e6v8vea said:
He is having his best season ever and he still has next week against Kaepernick who seems to be completely losing it!

For some reason I have this image of Kaepernick completely snapping next week and continually audibling to deep fades to Crabtree to prove he can beat Sherman.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Anyone notice how he kept Simon from drawing a USC penalty?

There is no doubt that at least from the hash marks to the sidelines, Richard Sherman is the best cover corner in the game. If he has a weakness, it's over the middle, but that's Kam and Earl's territory, so it's a good matching of skill sets.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
hawknation2014":11fk9qhh said:
akscoundrel":11fk9qhh said:

Sherman's credited with "allowing" just one TD all year. He wasn't actually beat in coverage on that play. He dropped to take the inside man and Chancellor was matched up one on one outside with DeSean Jackson. It was a weird matchup, Chancellor was beat by a couple steps, and Sherman came across the field to make the TD-saving tackle. He ended up missing the tackle, which is one of the few times that's happened this year.

I forgot about that one. But yeah, I didn't fault Sherman on that one. Maybe I'm thinking about about Denver's 2 point conversion? Idunno

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I think he was being overlooked slightly in the early part of the season simply because so many guys were hurt and he was having to pull double duty to help out until guys like Kam and Lane got healthy. The DJAX TD comes to mind. But since Kam, Maxwell, Lane and Bobby have all come back healthy he is back to shining like the superstar he is. Now if we could just get Bane back for the playoffs!

pehawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3l9143ry said:
I think he was being overlooked slightly in the early part of the season simply because so many guys were hurt and he was having to pull double duty to help out until guys like Kam and Lane got healthy. The DJAX TD comes to mind. But since Kam, Maxwell, Lane and Bobby have all come back healthy he is back to shining like the superstar he is. Now if we could just get Bane back for the playoffs!

Yeah, for whatever reason people we're down on him earlier this year, even though he was playing as good as ever.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
INTs are sexy as a CB, when you don't get a ton of those people think you're not doing as well. And Keenan Allen did have a solid game against him (but it was mostly on short throws).

Sherman hasn't lost a single step, he's ol' reliable superstar on the outside.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":l08emqra said:
According to PFF, they attempted just two passes against Sherman and completed neither.

Sherman's cover snaps per completed pass have swelled to 19.2. No one else is in the same class.

2014 Cover Snaps/Reception (min. 50% snaps)
1. Richard Sherman - 19.2
2. Darrelle Revis - 14.7
3. Vontae Davis - 14.5
3. Demetrius McCray - 14.5

2013 Cover Snaps/Reception (min. 50% snaps)
1. Richard Sherman - 18.9
2. Darrelle Revis - 16.4
3. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - 15.7

Hold on just a cotton-pickin' minute here... I thought Patrick Peterson said he was the best corner in the league...

In the words of Richard Sherman: :1: