Seahawks 9.5 point favs against 49ers

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Line opened at 7.5 and has already moved to 9.5

I think this is highly amusing, given they were only 3.5 point favs back in January and a 1.5 underdog on Thanksgiving :D

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Sounds legit. The Hawks should, and quite probably will, stomp the Niners at CLink. They are in complete disarray and are pretty much playing out the string. Can't let up now.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FWIW.. I think -9.5 is still too low. I'd jump all over that line.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It didn't open at 7.5. It opened at 9.5/10. That line just shows how far the 49ers have fallen. I believe Seahawks were around -5 in the NFC Championship game, and I think -3 last year at home.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":c8yqm9me said:
Sounds legit. The Hawks should, and quite probably will, stomp the Niners at CLink. They are in complete disarray and are pretty much playing out the string. Can't let up now.

That's why I'm glad all the remaining games are division games. You know the Hawks will be up for every game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So will the opposition, yet somehow of all the games left the Niners game is the one I'm least concerned about.

One game at a time, Seahawks football, championship football, fingers crossed GB stumbles.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I don't know how many times the greater chunk of fans has decided that a team was going to walk into the home turf and get ripped apart. It generally just doesn't end up that way.

I like the likelihood of a win here, but expecting a blowout is probably going to leave people disappointed.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not expecting a blow out myself. The kaep/harbaugh regime has a good game in them yet. I'm confident in a win but I'm not sure if be calling for the blow out. For starters its not what we do generally. And the 49ers are coming off an embarrassing loss. Two of them really. I expect them to play better.

Cartire

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2qi9ojgl said:
I don't know how many times the greater chunk of fans has decided that a team was going to walk into the home turf and get ripped apart. It generally just doesn't end up that way.

I like the likelihood of a win here, but expecting a blowout is probably going to leave people disappointed.

Niners.

@ the Clink.

Not a blowout?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawknballs":5ulfynbl said:
Not expecting a blow out myself. The kaep/harbaugh regime has a good game in them yet. I'm confident in a win but I'm not sure if be calling for the blow out. For starters its not what we do generally. And the 49ers are coming off an embarrassing loss. Two of them really. I expect them to play better.

Yea, I'm expecting to see a wounded animal up here, but you have to wonder....what are they playing for at this point ?

Their HC is likely gone. Guys are losing confidence in that locker room with their QB. That kills a team's fight, knowing no matter how hard you try, you're not going to score points. Their offense is seriously out of whack.

They just lost to the Raiders. They could be really mad, or dejected about it. Typically, our games down there were really close, with us losing. We pasted them, and then the Raiders pasted them. I see them slipping, even if they don't want to. It might be close for a quarter or two, but when we get up by 10 points....goodnight. Add to the fact that much better Niner teams have come up here with more to fight for and been demolished recently. The average margin of victory up here is pretty big. The line sounds about right.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Make no mistake the 9ers are no patsy and I don't think the team will take them for granted at all.. Our guys know them well and they know us, lately though our D is looking stronger than theirs. Thus, the reason for optimism.

Any given Sunday though as SF discovered yesterday, and they will be desperate.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I'm not taking them lightly.

However, I want a blowout and a shutout.

In that order.

HADOUKEN!

HADOOOKEN.0.gif

For reference, if needed.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":238l4mw8 said:
It didn't open at 7.5. It opened at 9.5/10. That line just shows how far the 49ers have fallen. I believe Seahawks were around -5 in the NFC Championship game, and I think -3 last year at home.

Looks like a couple books opened at 7.5 .. but the majority opened at 9.5

But yeah.. the point is, the Niners have fallen so quickly. And 9.5 doesn't seem unreasonable at all at this point.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I do expect them to throw everything at us through the first quarter and we'll likely see Kap trying to run wild, but if we don't do anything stupid, we'll grind them down into the turf by the end of the third quarter.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3i8srkx9 said:
We killed any fight that team had on Thanksgiving night. I said it then, they may not win again this year. When you get humiliated and beat down like they did on national TV in your own house against your most intensely hated rival, it's extremely hard to recover from, even for a good team with a great locker room and a strong coach. SF is none of those things. They're done. We killed them off.
This guy gets it! ^

Enough of this PC nice crap.

Punch the whiners in the mouth early on and they are done.
They are not going to want to expend the amount of energy it takes to play their "A" game in against Seattle in Seattle and the hostile atmosphere. Head coach is gone at the end of the season and their QB is in full "deer in the headlights" mode.

The Hawks are bigger, faster, and stronger! End of story!