So who is replacing Dan Quinn next year?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Cause we all know he is as good as gone.

Is Kenny Norton ready to step up? Does Pete have a buddy he worked with in the past that is hiding in the shadows?

Quinn has proven himself and deserves to make the next step. Wish we could keep him but he is just too good to keep.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
We have the richest owner in the league. Is there any reason Paul won't pay Quinn to stay? Does Quinn want to go somewhere else? Could money sway him into staying here as a DC?

HawkerD

Reaction score
If we get to SB49 maybe we can keep him. No way he gets to go before the game (sorry, you're under contract) and a lot of teams won't wait that long to fill the job. Hopefully they don't let him take the SF job.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
NO. Not Bradley! Just stop. Remeber 2012? :pukeface:

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawkerD":1al1vlda said:
If we get to SB49 maybe we can keep him. No way he gets to go before the game (sorry, you're under contract) and a lot of teams won't wait that long to fill the job. Hopefully they don't let him take the SF job.

God I hope he doesnt take the Santa Clara job.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3qxcmgc7 said:
Cause we all know he is as good as gone.

Is Kenny Norton ready to step up? Does Pete have a buddy he worked with in the past that is hiding in the shadows?

Quinn has proven himself and deserves to make the next step. Wish we could keep him but he is just too good to keep.

I think I recall Norton said he is happy with the role he has.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter. It's Pete's defense. The DC is just a caretaker.

But it'll be more of a teacher/developer of talent than a scheme guy, IMHO.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
If we reach the Super Bowl he'll stay. I'm sure of it. He would have reached two SB's, why would he leave the best assistant coach job in sports?

FireHawk79

Reaction score
Does it really matter, is it not PC who implemented this defense and just needs someone with a basic knowledge to run it for him? Don't get me wrong I thing both Bradley and Quinn have done good, I just think it as long as Pete trusts the guy then we are good no matter who it may be.... As long as pete stays in charge and the DC knows that...

FireHawk79

Reaction score
Mojambo":2adadiyy said:
Doesn't really matter. It's Pete's defense. The DC is just a caretaker.

But it'll be more of a teacher/developer of talent than a scheme guy, IMHO.
^^^^

Sorry Mojambo didn't read ur post before I posted basically the same. But I agree with mojambo!

2_0_6

Reaction score
Rex Ryan or Wade Phillips.

Not a fan of either has head coaches, but these two know how to coach defenses.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Quinn signed for 3yrs, $5.7M in January last year. He is set to make $1.9M next year. The lowest payed head coach is making $3+M a year right now. Think Paul Allen would authorize paying a DC $3M plus?

Let me amend that. Would Paul Allen authorize paying a "2 time Superbowl Champion" DC $3M plus?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1wkj9s5c said:
HawkerD":1wkj9s5c said:

God I hope he doesnt take the Santa Clara job.

I could see the shine for the SC job due to the defensive personnel, but it would have to be a DC going there.

Other than that, that job isn't going to be that good. Their offense is a hot mess, they're about to lose some OL talent due to cap issues, they have no franchise QB and are just realizing that, and there aren't any decent options in this next draft.

They're on the verge of rebuilding, but without the cap space to do it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
enamel":h10uf2ta said:
With any luck, Gus Bradley.

Pete would certainly welcome Gus back, but I don't see Gus getting fired.

The Jags have 99 problems, but Gus ain't one.........and I think the owner knows that. The Jags seem like a franchise just hanging around the NFL playground waiting for Goodell to tell them where they're being relocated to.