Can Michael return kicks?

Rob12

Reaction score
I think Richardson is going to be very good in time, but he should never be returning kicks. He just doesn't make good decisions and while he has some of the best wheels on the team, all I've seen is straight line speed thus far.

I have no idea Michael would be better, but I want to see the ball in this kid's hands more. He's electrifying. Common sense tells me that if he would be better than Richardson, he'd already be back there... But I think a move needs to be made away from Richardson. He was atrocious yesterday.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Rob12":wjbldp83 said:
I think Richardson is going to be very good in time, but he should never be returning kicks. He just doesn't make good decisions and while he has some of the best wheels on the team, all I've seen is straight line speed thus far.

I have no idea Michael would be better, but I want to see the ball in this kid's hands more. He's electrifying. Common sense tells me that if he would be better than Richardson, he'd already be back there... But I think a move needs to be made away from Richardson. He was atrocious yesterday.

If he could keep the ball secure, maybe. I have a hard time seeing him back there, though.

Reaction score
Yes he can return kicks he did it at A&M and did it well, jus check YouTube to see. I honestly don't think ball security would be an issue. I wish someone at one of these press conferences would jus blantanly ask Pete have they considered it, I've been wondering this since Percy left.

endzorn

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see what Michael would do if he scored a TD on a kick return. He celebrates five yard runs like he just repeated BeastQuake. I'd love to see what kind of ridiculous celebration he'd have after that big of a score. If it was embarrassing enough I'd have a Michael jersey the next Sunday.

BamKam

Reaction score
Michael is the opposite of classy and I don't want him representing our team on kickoffs. Ever see how he gets excited after he picks up a decent run? No class whatsover. We need to be classier on every unit including special teams. I want to make sure fans of other teams think that we win with class.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
endzorn":2i30rbxi said:
I'd be curious to see what Michael would do if he scored a TD on a kick return. He celebrates five yard runs like he just repeated BeastQuake. I'd love to see what kind of ridiculous celebration he'd have after that big of a score. If it was embarrassing enough I'd have a Michael jersey the next Sunday.
It'd be cool if we had a "thumbs-up" :th2thumbs: functionality to this site. Because, yeah. Thumbs up!

AgentDib

Reaction score
BamKam":uqwv33pt said:
Michael is the opposite of classy and I don't want him representing our team on kickoffs. Ever see how he gets excited after he picks up a decent run? No class whatsover. We need to be classier on every unit including special teams. I want to make sure fans of other teams think that we win with class.
What's really classy is to have a few players with no class. That keeps us from looking like we are trying too hard, which is the cardinal sin when it comes to being full of class. I do agree with your larger point which is that a truly classy team should act like it has been there before; no celebrating of any kind whatsoever. Accomplishing things isn't an excuse for looking happy.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
BamKam":1039j2ic said:
He should have at least enough class to come up with a celebration that a big corporation, like an insurance company, would be willing to pay him crazy dough for the naming rights.

HawkWow

Reaction score
AgentDib":a610qrgm said:
BamKam":a610qrgm said:
What's really classy is to have a few players with no class. That keeps us from looking like we are trying too hard, which is the cardinal sin when it comes to being full of class. I do agree with your larger point which is that a truly classy team should act like it has been there before; no celebrating of any kind whatsoever. Accomplishing things isn't an excuse for looking happy.

lol.

I'd like to see Michael give it a go. A noted fumbler and jackass, to be sure, but he's our noted fumbler / jackass. Watching him recently...since his early season, ass-on-pine induced fumbles, he looks to be focused on carrying the ball much more securely. But that's not always a good thing either.
Tiki Barber was a noted fumbler and jackass. He got over his woes, hopefully ours can too.

Rich needs to watch for a while.

peppersjap

Reaction score
BamKam":3n06dbkk said:
Are you for real?

billyberu

Reaction score
peppersjap":2cod2nom said:
BamKam":2cod2nom said:
Are you for real?
My thoughts exactly.

BamKam

Reaction score
AgentDib":2aqgekcz said:
BamKam":2aqgekcz said:

Agreed! All this classless stuff makes us look terrible to other fan bases. They say bad things about us on their message boards because of our complete lack of class. I'll take a team that's wins with class than one that is slightly better with "swagger".

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Class? Who gives a damn about the cats personality? A lot of people outside our fanbase say the same thing about Marshawn Lynch! But there is not a back in football I would want on our team more than Lynch! The topic was whether or not he can return kicks. Our return game is non-existent since we got rid of Tate and (dare I say) Percy. Both of those guys were great in terms of YAC. Walters was in there because of his sure handedness. His YAC has to be pretty slim to none. Baldwin seems Better to me but I worry about risking our #1Reciever in an already minimalist receiving corps. Yet thats exactly what we did last year, so what do I know? Assuming Michael can control the ball, his explosiveness just might be worth the risk. But we won't know until we see it. I get the distinct feeling he is a work in progress for Pete and Bevell. The more I see of him, the more I want to see of him. The kid plays with a ferocity you simply cannot teach! But the way Turbin is playing (Great IMO!) his snaps are pretty measured at this point. The way the Niners are Playing we just might get to see him in that game to save Marshawn for the playoffs. Doubt it will be to return the ball though.

Hawks46

Reaction score
BamKam":2n0usgvq said:

I theorize that as he gets more time and game reps he'll settle down. Kid is probably really excited to see the field after being stuck behind Lynch forever.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Carroll trusts him to run the ball, I cannot fathom a reason then why he isn't returning kicks. If he can return punts I would have him do that as well. Our return game is awful. If Baldwin would have just fair caught some of those punts, the Hawks would have had at least 6 more points.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3ju2oiys said:
BamKam":3ju2oiys said:
He should have at least enough class to come up with a celebration that a big corporation, like an insurance company, would be willing to pay him crazy dough for the naming rights.

HAHA! What whiner Green Bay quarterback are you talking about? :stirthepot:

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I don't consider getting fired up over doing a good job as classless.. he doesn't rub it in anyone's face. show me evidence of no class there and I will shut up.... I think he just gets fired up that he has a good run on the few carries he has.. I would rather have people that got fired up over doing good then, don't give a crap and just collect a pay check.

kjreid

Reaction score
Classless my A**, these kids love to play the game and love to show emotion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what they are doing, I just grin and shake me head and think "Man, i wonder if I have the balls to do that". The answer is normally "no, I am lame and wonder what people my think?" I love the fact that we have players who don't give a d*** what everyone thinks and just goes with his gut and enjoys the plays.