Setting the Edge

jlaff35

Reaction score
I was very impressed by the likes of Bruce Irvin, Michael Bennett, OBS, etc in the way that they constantly set a hard edge on the outside and didn't allow the Eagles to attack our edges, which is how they like to attack. We were so strong at the point of attack, and the edge setters did a great job of funneling the backs to Bobby Wagner's domain, where he could just wreck shop.

We were severely missing this during the Chiefs game. Had we played this way in KC, we're sitting at 10-3 and in control of HFA. We can still get there. So, so nice to have Wagner back.

Is Mebane out for year, or can he come back? I can't recall?

Hawks46

Reaction score
He's out for the year.

Good post, but you must be mistaken. Bruce Irvin is a total bust and is good for only one thing: rushing the passer. Just ask anyone ! 8)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Our D Line has been good all year at setting the edge. When we've gotten in trouble in the run game against teams like KC who were successful, it was gap control inside the tackles that was the main culprit.........not setting the edge.

That's why this D cannot live without Kam and Wagner, those dudes DESTROY inside gaps.

OP
OP
J

jlaff35

Reaction score
You may be right Largent, it just seems like I remember the Chiefs running at will all over us....inside, outside, didn't matter. No question Wagner and a healthy Kam make worlds of difference!