Russell Wilson screwed again

253hawk

Reaction score
Bumgarner: It's baseball, give me a break. About the least 'team sport' sport there is.
Tim Howard: Alright, I'll buy that for a dollar. Never heard about anything he does off-field though.
Kershaw: Again, baseball. Another pitcher even. Ugh. Snore.
LA Kings: That's a team, not a person.
Rory McIlroy: It's friggin' GOLF. Seriously?
Gregg Popovich: He's a coach. A great one and all and a legit cool guy, but still a coach. Come on.
Michael Sam: Oh please.
Serena Williams: Another individual sport without much parity.

kearly

Reaction score
I still remember how Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling won the Diamondbacks a World Series practically by themselves. Two HoF pitchers, including probably the best lefty of all time.

Well, Bumgarner basically pulled that same stunt, by himself. And he was like this in two previous world series as well. Ultra obvious choice, I wouldn't be surprised if the vote was unanimous.

Wilson didn't even win SB MVP, he had no chance here. I don't think we'll see Wilson honored with these kinds of awards until he's put in an offense that can make him look like Aaron Rodgers. For whatever reason, improvised magic is respected less than structured dominance. I guess we have Tim Tebow to thank for that.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
I wasn't really serious with this, although I'd like to think that Wilson and Sherman's names at least came up in discussions.

The first name that came to my mind was Rory McIlroy, although I think Tim Howard would have been very deserving as well. Hard to argue with Bumgarner, even if he wasn't the best pitcher during the needlessly long regular season.

Latest posts