Pete's Monday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Usually it's on or about 3:00 on Monday, but I hear it's been pushed back to 4pm today.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Does the player come on automatically or do I have to refresh the screen off and on?

Cartire

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2dlik7nr said:
Does the player come on automatically or do I have to refresh the screen off and on?

As I remember, you need to refresh. But they may have updated that. But last time (last year) I was waiting for it to start, and it had already begun, but I needed to refresh to get the live player.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Cartire":benorh4b said:
Seahawkfan80":benorh4b said:

As I remember, you need to refresh. But they may have updated that. But last time (last year) I was waiting for it to start, and it had already begun, but I needed to refresh to get the live player.

Thanks.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
It shows the triangle button when it's ready to play, then you can press it and wait. It's almost underway. They have it live now

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ota2mx5 said:
It shows the triangle button when it's ready to play, then you can press it and wait. It's almost underway. They have it live now

I just peeked at the link I previously had..and under the play icon, there was a group of how many people were streaming it. I did click on the play icon....and am patiently waiting. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2yn97u1q said:
kidhawk":2yn97u1q said:

I just peeked at the link I previously had..and under the play icon, there was a group of how many people were streaming it. I did click on the play icon....and am patiently waiting. :mrgreen:

One thing Pete rarely is, is on time for a press conference. he's either late or early

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said Simon is fine

Dobbs has a legit ankle sprain..they'll figure it out in a few days. (Doesn't sound too positive to me)

On recent turnaround....Wagner's return is significant and Kam getting back to full health has made the biggest difference.

On the D-line...says they are all stepping up, not any one guy in particular. (He was asked about Hill). Said Hill was banged up but is healthy now. Calls it fortunate that we are getting healthy near the end of the season

On Tackling. Said it improves when guys are playing really fast. Said we are tackling really well lately. Very consistent and noticeable. Part intensity and part pursuit.

On Robertson...said he plays big. He's a big dude. Hasn't had a lot of action for him.

Unger is going to try to practice this week. Not sure if he'll be ready to play or not.

Said Lane was ready to go on game day but they decided to hold him out one more game. He'll be ready to go.

On Maxwell inside. Said we have flexibility. Liked the matchups Sunday.

Says the challenge is to keep the chemistry week in and week out. Says it's easy to do that any given week, but they need to keep it up.

On Wilson getting back on track.. Said we are playing better in all areas. Says they zeroed in on a few things. Said they'd been in a bit of a transition and needed to get right again. Says he feels great working with Doug, Jermaine and the others. Working well with Tony and Luke. Said he had to run around early but they cleaned things up and he was able to spend more time in the pocket as the game progressed.

Said he likes the way our receivers play....they block well, work well with Wilson. Also said that Richardson is still our return guy.

Helfet will try to get some work this week. Said Cooper is a little bit ahead of Max and has the better chance.

On Matthews. Said he did a good job on special teams. Will continue to keep going with him.

On Baldwin's punt returns. Said it was a tricky night with the wind, so he took a conservative route. He was happy with that decision. Said we could have done better but reiterated that he was ok with it under the circumstances.

On Paul bringing out kicks. Said we missed a few blocks and had a few free runners going at him. Said they don't want to start at the 9 yard line.

That's it for today. Next one is Wednesday.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Last time Pete used the word "legit" with and injury we lost the guy for the season. Like when he said Mebanes hamstring was legit. Hope not. Dobbs is great rotational player.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":cpagt1it said:
Last time Pete used the word "legit" with and injury we lost the guy for the season. Like when he said Mebanes hamstring was legit. Hope not. Dobbs is great rotational player.

Reading between the lines, I'm thinking they are considering IR for Dobbs. I'd imagine even if he could heal up, he wouldn't play a down again in the regular season. Maybe Helfet and Willson can sprinkle some of their magic dust on it. Their sprains never seem to last more than a week or two tops.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
kidhawk":3agfoi6h said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":3agfoi6h said:

Reading between the lines, I'm thinking they are considering IR for Dobbs. I'd imagine even if he could heal up, he wouldn't play a down again in the regular season. Maybe Helfet and Willson can sprinkle some of their magic dust on it. Their sprains never seem to last more than a week or two tops.

Yeah that would suck man.

But like always Kid, thanks for these synopsis you put out every week. Really appreciate it!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":194zco3v said:
Said Simon is fine

Dobbs has a legit ankle sprain..they'll figure it out in a few days. (Doesn't sound too positive to me)

On recent turnaround....Wagner's return is significant and Kam getting back to full health has made the biggest difference.

On the D-line...says they are all stepping up, not any one guy in particular. (He was asked about Hill). Said Hill was banged up but is healthy now. Calls it fortunate that we are getting healthy near the end of the season

On Tackling. Said it improves when guys are playing really fast. Said we are tackling really well lately. Very consistent and noticeable. Part intensity and part pursuit.

On Robertson...said he plays big. He's a big dude. Hasn't had a lot of action for him.

Unger is going to try to practice this week. Not sure if he'll be ready to play or not.

Said Lane was ready to go on game day but they decided to hold him out one more game. He'll be ready to go.

On Maxwell inside. Said we have flexibility. Liked the matchups Sunday.

Says the challenge is to keep the chemistry week in and week out. Says it's easy to do that any given week, but they need to keep it up.

On Wilson getting back on track.. Said we are playing better in all areas. Says they zeroed in on a few things. Said they'd been in a bit of a transition and needed to get right again. Says he feels great working with Doug, Jermaine and the others. Working well with Tony and Luke. Said he had to run around early but they cleaned things up and he was able to spend more time in the pocket as the game progressed.

Said he likes the way our receivers play....they block well, work well with Wilson. Also said that Richardson is still our return guy.

Helfet will try to get some work this week. Said Cooper is a little bit ahead of Max and has the better chance.

On Matthews. Said he did a good job on special teams. Will continue to keep going with him.

On Baldwin's punt returns. Said it was a tricky night with the wind, so he took a conservative route. He was happy with that decision. Said we could have done better but reiterated that he was ok with it under the circumstances.

On Paul bringing out kicks. Said we missed a few blocks and had a few free runners going at him. Said they don't want to start at the 9 yard line.

That's it for today. Next one is Wednesday.
Once again Kid, thanks :th2thumbs:

tdigitee

Reaction score
pmedic920":3d6an0ml said:
homerun1970":3d6an0ml said:
Kid thanks for the effort of doing this weekly.

x1000

Really enjoy reading the write-ups - thank you so much for doing this for us week after week! You are the king.

BamKam

Reaction score
I wish Pete would address the issue that is the lack of class on the team particularly on the defense. We need a classier group so opposing fans won't hate us so much and sportswriters will put us higher on their power rankings. Class means so much and we have none of it right now.