I think my favorite part about Seahawk football...

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Is how much we make fans and possibly even front offices question their entire team and philosophy. The Super Bowl was the best example of this, but it happens every week when we completely shutdown a team. The latest example is a post over on philadelphiaeagles.com titled "Can Eagles play smashmouth?" This thread and a few others I was looking at over there talked about how Chip Kelly's offense won't ever be able to compete for a Super Bowl, "I like our style defensively but our offense is too finesse. I want an offense like Green Bay, New England, or Seattle." etc. These are fans that if I had to guess were talking potential Super Bowl run and best offense in the league/Chip Kelly is an offensive genius just two, three days ago.

Our defense is so damn good they force people into doubting their entire framework of a team. And it's beautiful.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Great post.

I will add this: in 2012, the Cowboys got physically whipped in a game at the Clink and it galvanized the way they tried to build their team after that. The owner said he was embarrassed by the physical beatdown. It has shown in offensive line choices since. So, it isn't always a negative. His efforts to import a cover 3 defense were not as successful.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Many of us used to be that fan: I envied the toughness of Pittsburgh and Chicago during the Holmgren years.

It's nice to be on the other side.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Scottemojo":e9d2c6vr said:
Great post.

I will add this: in 2012, the Cowboys got physically whipped in a game at the Clink and it galvanized the way they tried to build their team after that. The owner said he was embarrassed by the physical beatdown. It has shown in offensive line choices since. So, it isn't always a negative. His efforts to import a cover 3 defense were not as successful.

OP - Great thread.

Scotte, good points. In 2013, Texans were never the same after playing and losing to the Seahawks. The Chiefs haven't been the same since they played the Seahawks a few weeks ago. The Cards have struggled, 49ers are struggling, ....so on. It's the Seahawk effect. Sometimes the other team wins but every team that plays the Seahawks pays a price. The Seahawks are stronger, faster, and louder than anyone else.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":2wkzcyif said:
Many of us used to be that fan: I envied the toughness of Pittsburgh and Chicago during the Holmgren years.

Yes it is.

Having a team that no doubt has a chance to win every game. Its fun to watch.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
nanomoz":2nva3tal said:

Agreed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
nanomoz":3b3579gh said:

totally agree. I still have a soft spot for Baltimore because of their dominant defenses in the past (they're pretty good this year too). Probably my favorite AFC team.

I love defense and our team is Shangri La for me right now.