We may not be putting up "30" burgers but...

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
As the defenses is now starting to flex their muscle one thing that I have noticed of late is what the offense has done at the end of games in this stretch.

I think in the last three games the Hawks get the ball with something between 7 and 4 minutes of clock left and they suck the life out of the game. In the Cards and Eagles game it ended in the victory formation in the 9'ers game if we get that 4th down it would of ended the same but even there they basically sucked the clock to the 2:00 mark.

Here is the last three games-

Against the Card- We get the ball with 6:53 left game at our 32 yard line, 10 plays later end of game.

Against the 9ers- We get the ball with 7:04 on the clock at the Hawks 32, 12 plays later we leave the 1:53 on the clock and the ball on the 13 yard line.

Against the Eagles- We get the ball at the 4:07 mark at the Hawks 39, 10 plays later end of game.

That is making it count when it counts the most. I hope they can keep this up because it will be very hard to beat.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cable has been quoted as saying "you throw to score and run to win". This is what he's talking about.

Our team looks eerily like last year's team. Lights out defense and a struggling offense. This year's team seems to run the ball better, and last year's team seemed to throw it a bit better.

I just hope we see the same improvement we did last year come playoff time.

StoneCold

Reaction score
The defense is again the in your face pressure defense. We don't play any big offenses (not that that would make a difference, aka Eagles) the rest of the way. We are going to be hard to beat. Just need to get some stickum for Ryan's hands. :)

SC

OP
OP
EntiatHawk

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":9auc0rnf said:
The defense is again the in your face pressure defense. We don't play any big offenses (not that that would make a difference, aka Eagles) the rest of the way. We are going to be hard to beat. Just need to get some stickum for Ryan's hands. :)

SC

I know, What is up with that. Two weeks in a row. I hope he got all of his dropsies out of the way.

OP
OP
EntiatHawk

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2yla59m9 said:
Cable has been quoted as saying "you throw to score and run to win". This is what he's talking about.

Our team looks eerily like last year's team. Lights out defense and a struggling offense. This year's team seems to run the ball better, and last year's team seemed to throw it a bit better.

I just hope we see the same improvement we did last year come playoff time.

Running shows up late in games. One yard plays become four and five yard plays later. Most teams just will not commit to it enough to get there.

Reaction score
Yeah, when talking with Eagles fans last week none of them believed me when I told them that we could have easily scored more points in most of our wins but were content to run out the clock and not run up the score.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":1kauwf2d said:
Yeah, when talking with Eagles fans last week none of them believed me when I told them that we could have easily scored more points in most of our wins but were content to run out the clock and not run up the score.

Totally agree. If the Seahawks were into stats and numbers, they had plenty of opportunities to pad them.

morgulon1

Reaction score
nothing cooler than having the ball 1st and 10 on an opponents 15 yard line and after having dominated , decide to take a knee in the victory formation. Weve done that the last three games haven't we?

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: