Great Lynch article..

kidhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Reading it now. Can't get enough decent stuff about Lynch

byau

Reaction score
Fantastic find. About a third of the way through it and wanted to stop and say thanks for posting :) Great article

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I love him so very much. He's my all-time favorite 'Hawk, including Ricky Waters.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Kenny Mayne makes a good point about how if Marshawn was a shy country white guy he would be beloved by the whole league and not just Seahawks fans who have gotten to know him.

My favorite memory aside from on the field is seeing him lead the Super Bowl parade banging the drum for his guys.

mikeak

Reaction score
Great article but have to take a dig some other direction

Number 1. Protect the team: At practice realize you’re going up against your own guys. Or when you’re out drinking it’s your responsibility to take his keys away and find him a way home, almost more than it is his.

Because as we all know his responsibility is to find a bottle and hit you on the head with it if you take his keys away..... :)

ManBunts

Reaction score
Excellent article. Speaking of, anyone know where the full Mike Rob-Beast Mode interview is? I can only seem to find clips, would like to watch it in its entirety

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Beautiful article. Loved this part:

After that play and many others, Eagles defenders said, Lynch got up giggling.

“He just runs like he’s mad every play,” says Eagles safety Nate Allen, “but when he gets up, he’s laughing and joking about stuff with his guys, our guys.

“Not like taunting. Like he’s out there having the time of his life.”

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
That was really good.

I've mentioned it before in other threads about my cousin, a little Midwestern white girl, that teaches "special needs" kids at Lynch's high school in Oakland. Says he always stops by the school and her classroom whenever he's in town, gives her a big hug and takes the time to speak to the kids in the class... she says he's one of the nicest, most genuine people she's ever met in her life.

sutz

Reaction score
Great read! Thanks for linking that!

:th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3m330ixj said:
That was really good.

I've mentioned it before in other threads about my cousin, a little Midwestern white girl, that teaches "special needs" kids at Lynch's high school in Oakland. Says he always stops by the school and her classroom whenever he's in town, gives her a big hug and takes the time to speak to the kids in the class... she says he's one of the nicest, most genuine people she's ever met in her life.
Awesome article and awesome story! ^

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Thought this was really interesting:

During games he would feign exhaustion and take himself out so Forsett, his backup, could get snaps.

“He did that almost every game at Cal, and even when we both played in Seattle,” Forsett says. “I’m sure the coaches weren’t too pleased. But it wasn’t that blatant. They would think, OK, he needs a rest, but he never did.

“If it wasn’t for him taking himself out of games and allowing me to go in and play, I probably wouldn’t have gotten the opportunity.”

Is he doing the same now for Turbin at times?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hieroglyphics":o3zma6t1 said:
Thought this was really interesting:

During games he would feign exhaustion and take himself out so Forsett, his backup, could get snaps.

“He did that almost every game at Cal, and even when we both played in Seattle,” Forsett says. “I’m sure the coaches weren’t too pleased. But it wasn’t that blatant. They would think, OK, he needs a rest, but he never did.

“If it wasn’t for him taking himself out of games and allowing me to go in and play, I probably wouldn’t have gotten the opportunity.”

Is he doing the same now for Turbin at times?

If that's actually true that he did that then it sure seems like he's doing it now.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
ManBunts":18vllubi said:
Excellent article. Speaking of, anyone know where the full Mike Rob-Beast Mode interview is? I can only seem to find clips, would like to watch it in its entirety
It is supposed to come on NFL network any minute now. I getting very annoyed at the "Jonny Football" overkill right now. Just get to it damnit!!!!
It should be online later this week I would imagine.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Easily the best article written about one of the all-time great Seahawks.

I will miss this man when he's gone.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marshawn is one of a kind...not ashamed to say I love that man...he's turned the identity of this franchise around