rbs

stang233

Reaction score
Any word on y Seattle kicked the tires with 4 backs today.... Is Turbin hurt?

Uthawk

Reaction score
I'm also looking for answers here. Is it being discussed elsewhere? I saw they worked out Mikel Leshoure according to profootballtalk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Nothing solid but I've heard a theory that our full back, Tukuafu, could see an increase in snaps at defensive end with Dobbs out with injury, so they are looking for a true or swing RB/FB for depth.

Uthawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":20oija22 said:
Nothing solid but I've heard a theory that our full back, Tukuafu, could see an increase in snaps at defensive end with Dobbs out with injury, so they are looking for a true or swing RB/FB for depth.
Yeah, I hadn't made that connection. Carroll did say he'd be working out there a bit but seemed to not think there was a lot of time to get acquainted enough for significant playing time on that side. I hope it's not anything injury related.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RBS???? you got me on that one....Radar Bomb Scoring...Or Running Backs..ok. gotcha. We used to call our job Rakes brooms and shovels too. CEVG. USAF. Retired.

Sounds like you all picked up on the fact of the front line situation and the fact that he used to do that too. Good on ya. Good Day.....Go Hawks.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Could do without this sort of drama this late in the season. The Tukuafu to DE makes sense though.

sutz

Reaction score
They're always trying guys out. I don't read much into it. :229031_shrug:

pehawk

Reaction score
This has a little more intrigue than usual.

IF they like Tokafu in their DL rotation, they may think about adding another back to take his reps on offense. In a perfect Cable scenario, it would be someone more athlete than thumper. MRob, Coleman, or Marcel Reese type. I think they're trying backs out what could fill that FB/HB hybrid role.

One name that's out there is Michael Bush. He's built more FB than RB. So, in theory he's a tweener (like PMedic).

Hawks46

Reaction score
Didn't Bush just get picked up the by the Cardinals ?

I was liking Tukuafu at FB. It's not like our FB gets a lot of reps, and he'd be deep in the DL rotation, so I'm a bit confused by this maneuver. Then again, we do have an extra roster spot open.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":11sxaluj said:
Didn't Bush just get picked up the by the Cardinals ?

I was liking Tukuafu at FB. It's not like our FB gets a lot of reps, and he'd be deep in the DL rotation, so I'm a bit confused by this maneuver. Then again, we do have an extra roster spot open.

For three days total, I think. Not sure what happened.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Wonder if Small is still out there. He was a little bowling ball and actually caught a pass during preseason.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If the Tukuafu to DE thing is reality, why not just try out DE's? I know they don't just grow on trees but Tukuafu has seemingly fit in pretty well on our offense. Wilson can use all the receivers he can get at this point, and Will was one of them Sunday.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":chjf7ms8 said:
If the Tukuafu to DE thing is reality, why not just try out DE's? I know they don't just grow on trees but Tukuafu has seemingly fit in pretty well on our offense. Wilson can use all the receivers he can get at this point, and Will was one of them Sunday.

Flexibility is a fantastic toy. If they dont know what they are defending or offending against, they dont know how to practice or determine what to practice for.