Who do you want to win the NFC South? (potential playoff op)

Who do you want to win the NFC South? (potential playoff op)

• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Carolina Panthers

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I don't care who wins, we got this.

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters

byau

Reaction score
Out of the Falcons, Saints, and Panthers, who do you want to win the NFC South? And why?

Just curious because it's a potential matchup against the Seahawks.

My vote is Panthers

Panthers: the Seahawks just seem to have their number, but the close wins scare me a bit. I have a feeling though that they won't ever beat us

Saints: seems the Seahawks have their number too, but their ceiling scares me. Super Bowl winning QB is always scary. Not sure what's up with Graham, but if he has a good day that's pretty scary too

Falcons: as a team, probably the most cohesive. And we've learned the last three weeks how much a cohesive team can propel to new heights

What's your vote?

Cartire

Reaction score
Wheres the option for "It wont matter"?

None of the teams scare me. At all. To the point where (as a fan) I can overlook them.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
The Saints are in disarray right now.

We played the Panthers and they were a tough out even when they were struggling. If last week is an indication of them getting things together, and Cam Newton can still play, then I think they're far more dangerous than the Saints.

The Falcons might have had some bad games this season, and their defense isn't even league average, but they don't seem to have the same level of dumpster fire going on around them that the Saints do. I could see them still being a bit dangerous.

There's nothing about the Saints that scares me right now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1ka23edg said:
Why isn't there a "Don't Care" option? At home the Hawks beat all of those teams by 14-20 points.

Odds are whoever wins the South doesn't make it out of the wild card round. At least not in my opinion. The only way I see us facing one of them is for us to not win the West.

For now I'm sticking with the theory that we win out and take the West and a first round bye, and by the time we are playing, the team from the South will have been eliminated by either the Cardinals/Cowboys or the Lions/Packers. depending which teams take the wild card slot at #5

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2gc25jp2 said:
I voted Saints because it's just more fun to beat them. I have zero worries about losing to any of those teams.

My thoughts too. Decent team and more video for RW to catch up with Drew on.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I would love to see the Hawks D lay the wood to Brees, Rodgers and Brady en route to another Super Bowl win. That would be impressive.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":pk9v6xc1 said:
Why isn't there a "Don't Care" option? At home the Hawks beat all of those teams by 14-20 points.

Cartire":pk9v6xc1 said:
Wheres the option for "It wont matter"?

None of the teams scare me. At all. To the point where (as a fan) I can overlook them.

Added the choice and clicked the little checkbox to let you change your vote. Missed that one, thanks

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Atlanta, just to get a little payback for two years ago, but really I don't care, I don't see any of these teams right now hanging with any REAL playoff team in any division, the NFC south is just that bad this year. Then again, I bet more than a few people said that when Seattle played the Saints a few years ago, but I really don't see it.

Erebus

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":3fw8jpya said:
Then again, I bet more than a few people said that when Seattle played the Saints a few years ago, but I really don't see it.

Exactly what I was going to say, except the "I don't really see it" part. I do see it happening. No team in the playoffs should be taken lightly when they are playing at home. I think the Falcons could beat the Cardinals again, and I don't want us to have to beat the Cardinals three times in one year. We haven't even been able to beat them twice in a year since 2010. And then after they take care of the Cardinals for us, we could play them in the second round for an easy win.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Please let us not forget what happened the last time a division winning team with a loosing record hosted the world champs for a wild card playoff game.

In case you don't remember:

BEASTQUAKE!!!!

Never, ever take another NFL team for granted, it may and has bitten many in the ass.

GO HAWKS!!!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
12HawkFan":3reputu3 said:
Please let us not forget what happened the last time a division winning team with a loosing record hosted the world champs for a wild card playoff game.

In case you don't remember:

BEASTQUAKE!!!!

Never, ever take another NFL team for granted, it may and has bitten many in the ass.

GO HAWKS!!!

Please let us also not forget that those Saints had lost 2 of their last 3 games. They also had an abysmal run game and weren't great at defending the run (two things that are usually important in postseason football). And while they were good at defending the pass, they were last in the league in interceptions, so they weren't forcing turnovers as much as they needed to be.

Also, that Saints team was on the wrong side of the turnover differential. They only had 4 games all season where they won the turnover battle (all wins). They lost the turnover battle 7 times and were tied 5 times (plus a 6th time in their playoff game against us). In those 12 regular season games where they didn't outright win the turnover battle, they went 7-5. Not a great team. And it's not like they were playing a murderer's row... based on PFR's ratings, they played the 7th easiest schedule in the league (in part because they got to feast on the NFC West).

Compare that to this year's Hawks team.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Saints would be the team I'd want to play the least. I don't fear them but the chance of losing to them would be too ironic to not stress me out before the game. The panthers can't match up with us. Our games with them are close but that just shows that we are better. The falcons have no pass rush and a leaky secondary, I'd prefer to play them the most. That's one defense our offense could roll even if our D had an off day.

the bucs I'd want to play least next to the saints, again just because of the implications of losing to a team that finished 5-11 in some flukey matchup.

again that's all over analysis wince we would beat any of those teams

kearly

Reaction score
The Falcons. It's going to be boring when the Seahawks are on a playoff bye, so I might as well enjoy watching the Falcons humiliate the Cardinals again.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
If we somehow don't win the West and had to go on the road to play one of these teams I would least want to play the Saints as they love their dome.

All three teams have seen us a lot the last couple years, so I do not think that really gives any one team a better advantage against us. Depending on Newton's injury status after the car crash yesterday I would rather play Carolina if he is out, because like we saw on the road at GB on Monday if Jones and Ryan get hot watch out. So, considering that I guess I would rather play the Panthers no matter.

Go Hawks!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I just see too many frightening parallels to the 2010 season to where I really would like to avoid playing at the Saints if at all possible. I know they look like a dumpster fire.. but the Saints were the defending champs too the year they came up here and lost to a 7-9 team. Just would want to avoid that matchup at all costs

Ultimately though, I don't think it really matters.. as I expect this team to win out and get a bye.