NFL TV Viewing Map: Week 15 vs 49ers (Friday Update)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=15[/urltargetblank]

To what should be nobody's surprise, we are again the FOX game of the week.

Announcers: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

The Vikings/Lions game is taking up the Central Northern states on the map.

San Diego and Nashville areas are blacked out of FOX due to home games on CBS at the same time

Everyone else should be getting the Niners @ Seahawks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Ugly first game choice (Kansas City v Oakland) but at least I get to see Seattle v San Francisco without Kansas City being in the same time slot for once. Or any other game for that matter.

StoneCold

Reaction score
What is up with Lubbock Texas showing the Cincinnati Cleveland game? Is Manhole from Lubbock? I do find it fun to see the little pockets that some odd games get broadcast.

EDIT: Google shows that johnny football is all about Texas.

SC

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
StoneCold":1o6a4dab said:
What is up with Lubbock Texas showing the Cincinnati Cleveland game? Is Manhole from Lubbock? I do find it fun to see the little pockets that some odd games get broadcast.

SC
It's probably due to Manziel and Texas A&M.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers: :sarcasm_off: :thirishdrinkers: :sarcasm_off: :thirishdrinkers: :sarcasm_off: :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Watch the Rams beat the Cards Thursday night, then follow that up by watching the Bills upset the Packers in Buffalo Sunday morning and finish off the day watching the Seahawks sweep the season series with the Niners. That would be nice.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":270mlqmg said:
Watch the Rams beat the Cards Thursday night, then follow that up by watching the Bills upset the Packers in Buffalo Sunday morning and finish off the day watching the Seahawks sweep the season series with the Niners. That would be nice.

That might be one of the best football weeks of my life.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Not for me. Once again, I am forced to watch the Lions.

seabowl

Reaction score
HawkFan72":11jmazyd said:
NorCalSeahawk":11jmazyd said:

That might be one of the best football weeks of my life.

Then the Iggles beat the Cowgirls.

dunceface

Reaction score
Does that mean San Diego will NOT get the Hawks game on Fox because of the home game on CBS?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
dunceface":1mz9ze2c said:
Does that mean San Diego will NOT get the Hawks game on Fox because of the home game on CBS?

Correct. San Diego will not have a FOX late game due to the conflict with the Late game on CBS

dunceface

Reaction score
kidhawk":2syqoepv said:
dunceface":2syqoepv said:

Correct. San Diego will not have a FOX late game due to the conflict with the Late game on CBS

Thank you for that clarification :th2thumbs:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not that I care all that much, but does anyone know if there is a rule that prevents Fox or CBS from protecting games from being flexed that involve the same team over and over again? Didn't they protect the Hawks-Philly game last week, too?

CBS could sit on a gold mine like Peyton Manning all season and prevent some really good games from being shown in Prime Time.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":1ay0wcgk said:
Not that I care all that much, but does anyone know if there is a rule that prevents Fox or CBS from protecting games from being flexed that involve the same team over and over again? Didn't they protect the Hawks-Philly game last week, too?

CBS could sit on a gold mine like Peyton Manning all season and prevent some really good games from being shown in Prime Time.

Yes, FOX and CBS can protect a certain number of games. I don't think the exact formula is written online anywhere, but rest assured, there's language limiting how many they can protect and how often. Also, the schedule makers are going to get the Mannings, Bradys, Rogers, et al into prime time without flex scheduling as often as possible.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":zzbldun5 said:
StoneCold":zzbldun5 said:

SC
It's probably due to Manziel and Texas A&M.
Manziel is from Kerrville which is near San Antonio

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I bet FOX figured this Seahawks-Niners matchup would be a lot juicier than it is.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Joe Buck and Troy Aikman announcing our game again. What tools. Someone is punishing us fans.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1zwpb5r3 said:
I bet FOX figured this Seahawks-Niners matchup would be a lot juicier than it is.

No matter the outcome, people will tune in to this match up and eyes on the tv is all FOX (or any network) truly cares about.