Pete's Wednesday Press Conference w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Scheduled for 12:25. the video feed is live, so now it's just a matter of time.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Opened..."how about those trailblazers" (rest of the room was silent)

Ready to finish the season on a good note.

Unger...Max is working will be on the field but not at full speed.

Cooper will practice today

Dobbs has a severe ankle sprain and we aren't sure about the timeline for getting him back.

Said San Francisco doesn't look that much different since it's only been two weeks. Still need to approach it the same as every week.

Says the Niners give a lot of problems because they can do so many things.

on Simon....says they'be been fired up about him since camp. Made a big improvement in coming back from the year before. Tremendous talent who understands the scheme and good technique. Lots of improvement in the off season. Is a long, tall guy with speed. Wonderful draft pick for us.

On his penalties....said he's become more poised now. says he is conscientious about penalties now and that Sherman has taken him under his wing. That Simon has listened well to what Sherman has said.

Hill has improved as well since his previous year.

On the Eagles game...Wilson and the grounding penalties....Says those are just difficult situations. In particular the one made it more difficult because it cost us field goal position.

Says the Niners are close to being right where they need to be. They'll be difficult to play as always. (Pete never speaks down about an upcoming opponent)

Throwing the ball downfield more last week. Said we put ourselves in a good position to make those throws last week.

Says we had better pass protection in the second half against the Eagles

on Maxwell able to play outside and inside. Said his size made for a natural matchup last week. Added we have everyone available this week. Said that having Maxwell able to slide into the middle allows us to play the matchups with different receivers on different teams.

asked how it feels to be in this position with what's happened early on in the season. He said it really feels the same as it would because this is where they wanted to be all along. Said in the future maybe we can look back and figure out the way things may have been different or felt different.

Said last year by the end of the year we had found our tempo and we've done that again this year at this point. He said it can be so fleeting from week to week in the NFL so we must continue with preparation and keeping the right mindset.

Asked about Walters status...said it's good. Wouldn't say if he would return this week.

Asked about protesters wanting players to make some sort of gesture. Said he knows of the national movement, and he believes it's a positive thing. Said our guys are outspoken, but he has not heard anything about anything in particular with our players. (let's try to keep the political discussion to the proper place...I just put it here as part of the press conference and for informational purposes)

Thinks that the new NFL Conduct policy is absolutely the right thing to do

Thinks Williams has done a terrific job and is very glad we have him on our team. Said Hill has also played very well and stepped up. Said they coach the players different because each player has their own unique ways to play the game.

Says trying to bring out the individual talents across the board is their coaching philosophy for all positions.

Chancellor leads with a natural leader. He's always had the respect of the players with his talent, and he's really embraced his role as a leader. Said he's not the only one. There are several players who are leading as well.

Said Borland is an exciting player to watch. Reminds him of Tatupu.

Reflecting on NFC Title game....Kind of hemmed and hawed a bit then said he thought it was a great football game...a great night at the stadium....great for fans and players.

on limiting Gore....We need to take care of him. He's a terrific football player. Every game we play them, he's a big part of our focus. It's difficult to keep him from racking up the yards.

That is it for today. Next Press Conference is Friday.

Bprez3

Reaction score
I'm thinking Dobbs will be IR'd by the end of the week and we sign one of these RB's we had in for a look the other day

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Maybe we will activate the DT from Atlanta this week if we do.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2o462z4w said:
That is it for today. Next Press Conference is Friday.
Good stuff kid, and I will tune in again on Friday :thirishdrinkers:

kearly

Reaction score
Watching Borland I was very much reminded of 2005-2007 Lofa, minus the big hits. Feels good to see that Pete drew the same comparison.

The 49ers LB group is going to be ridiculous in 2015 when they are back 100%. Hopefully it's the only good thing about their team next year.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-15-Wednesday-Press-Conference/22d8e8fe-cb51-41a3-9836-c6d46945ffc5[/urltargetblank]

Video is now on .com for your viewing pleasure

Largent80

Reaction score
Bummed about Dobbs because I liked what he was bringing. Once again, thank you for the write up.

byau

Reaction score
Kid you Rock

I am really curious how this game will play out. In most cases with a contender team you think they'd be coming in chomping at the bit. Wonder if it's a case that perhaps they are a bit too far gone over the edge.

Still, I like the Seahawks still playing with urgency and a chip and hungry and fun and together and all that good stuff. Hope the Seahawks are still coming out ready to war.

Thanks again for the post and summary!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/12-takeaways-from-Pete-Carroll-Seahawks-head-coach-expects-12s-to-turn-up-vs-San-Francisco-49ers/f0d9e76f-9dc1-4a9f-9869-e8512a14df23[/urltargetblank]

Seahawks' takeaways from Pete's press conference to read it in a little better format :)

kf3339

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":3f9it9eo said:

I was thinking the same thing. They must like him enough to take off Atlanta's practice squad. Hope he can play and answer the call.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
kf3339":itzd9gyu said:
SPOHAWK":itzd9gyu said:

I was thinking the same thing. They must like him enough to take off Atlanta's practice squad. Hope he can play and answer the call.

:13:

Like to see us able to increase the rotation up front a little more. I recall Dobbs had a good game against SF. Like to see that from the new guy.

Bprez3

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the DT from Atlanta has not been active for a game yet, but at the same time not so much. I've been happy to see Jordan Hill step up in Mebane's absence. If Dobbs goes on the IR it will be an interesting roster move.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":3mjm1x80 said:
Watching Borland I was very much reminded of 2005-2007 Lofa, minus the big hits. Feels good to see that Pete drew the same comparison.

The 49ers LB group is going to be ridiculous in 2015 when they are back 100%. Hopefully it's the only good thing about their team next year.
Don't look now, but Bowman is back. I think this game just got harder.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I liked what he had to say about the protests and showing support for the movements and such. He's always got such a great way of putting things.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":13gcag9z said:
kearly":13gcag9z said:

Don't look now, but Bowman is back. I think this game just got harder.

Bowman is far from back. He's only active because they didn't want to end his season. He has yet to even have a single practice. It would be a true miracle (and probably insane)) for him to play this week.