Do you want Bevell gone?

Rainger

Reaction score
What do you think? Do you want him to take the job if available?

University of Wisconsin.

"Folks with a finger on the pulse of such issues have flagged Bevell as a viable candidate. And for good reason; Bevell played quarterback at Wisconsin in the 1990s. His coach at the time was the guy who’ll hire the next coach, A.D. Barry Alvarez."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... wisconsin/

Sac

Reaction score
Sometimes I really really really hate the play calling. Sometime his work is brilliance. I'm conflicted.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":uf7tozpe said:
Sometimes I really really really hate the play calling. Sometime his work is brilliance. I'm conflicted.
Even a broken clock's right twice per day; and no, you're not conflicted on this.

Yes. Go to Wisconsin, Bevell.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
It would be a great opportunity for him, and one I am sure Carroll would not stand in the way of him pursuing. We have accomplished a lot with him. However, at the end of the day, he is a below average play caller in the NFL, and we can compete harder with someone else. Tom Cable would be an obvious candidate to takeover as play caller.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I feel like this should be posted in gameday chat. Specifically:

1.) When Beast scores a rushing TD,

and

2.) When a scoring chance (preferably on 3rd and short, in opponent's red zone) goes awry.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If he cant come up with better play calls in the red zone, yes. Our lay calling in that spot is not good.

FireHawk79

Reaction score
I think he should go. The plays that really bother me are 3rd and short with an empty set.... we have the beast, put tukuafu in front of him and let them push forward. Many times ive seen 3rd and short wasted with a no back set throw that doesnt work. Or the worst was last year or two years ago when he tried to have Dangeruss take a qb sneak on 3rd and short with no fullback in and it got blown up. I think he tries to be too cute too often and it hurts us.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
If he goes, I hope Pete doesn't default to his comfort zone by hiring someone almost identical. I'd like to see a coach who allows Russell to reach his true ceiling. That said, Cable would probably have to back off a bit for that to happen.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't see Wilson growing enough with Bevell, and I would like to see Pete upgrade the OC spot. Doesn't mean I think he's a bum, but I think we can do better.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I would love to see Bevell move on if we could bring in somebody better. I don't just want him gone because I'm an angry moron. I want to see progress at any and every position in the organization.

:salute:

Jville

Reaction score
No ....... I think this evolving offense is just warming up. The best is yet to come.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The question is, and upgrade to whom? is the devil we know better than the devil we don't? If there's a better one available, who do you all suggest to replace him?

I'm asking this in all seriousness because I don't know OCs around the league or in the college ranks.