Bevell to the Wisconsin Badgers?

seabowl

Reaction score
Just saw an article linking Bevell to the Badgers. Oh please let this be true.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Pinch me.

Can you link the article linking Bevell to the Badgers?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Bprez3":2lbdp5o9 said:
Pinch me.

Can you link the article linking Bevell to the Badgers?

Trying but having issues. It's on PFT

drrew

Reaction score
We can't let the OC go before the season ends and Wisconsin can't wait until February or they lose an entire recruiting class.

Was it Weis who tried staying on as OC for the Pats after getting hired at ND? They're just not part time jobs and it screws over both organizations.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
If Bevell goes can we snag Paul Chryst from Pitt. Him and RW made sweet sweet baby making music that year at Wisconsin. Looking back on it though, it was very similar to what the Hawks do, except they had way better talent relative to the competition at o-line and wide receiver. Not near as much read option though (really none if I remember correctly), and a lot more under center 22 personnel stuff.

Basis4day

Reaction score

Bprez3

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":e9751cth said:
If Bevell goes can we snag Paul Chryst from Pitt. Him and RW made sweet sweet baby making music that year at Wisconsin. Looking back on it though, it was very similar to what the Hawks do, except they had way better talent relative to the competition at o-line and wide receiver. Not near as much read option though (really none if I remember correctly), and a lot more under center 22 personnel stuff.

Funny you mention Chryst. The first reader comment on the article was saying Chryst could be a frontrunner for the Wisconsin job.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
So you'd rather lose Bevell now than keep him? And I mean right now. No way Wisconsin waits until January or February and misses out on crucial recruiting period. If Bevell leaves we have no offensive coordinator for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.

Chawks1

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1t5oj0f4 said:
So you'd rather lose Bevell now than keep him? And I mean right now. No way Wisconsin waits until January or February and misses out on crucial recruiting period. If Bevell leaves we have no offensive coordinator for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.

Yes, yes I would.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
drrew":2ujxhwau said:
We can't let the OC go before the season ends
Ravens did LATE in the season, and went on to win the Super Bowl.

IBleedBlueAndGreen":2ujxhwau said:
If Bevell leaves we have no offensive coordinator for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.
Did you type this with a straight face? I mean, yeah, I'm sure Carroll would just leave the position vacant and tell Russell to wing it for the remainder of the season.

:roll:

Bprez3

Reaction score
People like to say that Russell Wilson is a game manager. Wilson is probably the most dynamic QB in the league. With that said, I feel that our O is not held back by limitations of our WR, OL, or Wilson. Bevell is the biggest culprit of holding the O back with his scheme and lack of dynamic play calling.

If Bevell were to leave before the season is out which I do not even think is a remote possibility. Tom Cable would be more than adequate to pick up the "slack".

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I kind of would hope we don't change anything till the offseason. Not that it'd be a death sentence, I trust our staff but... we're hittin right now, let's keep rollin.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Tom Cable is ostensibly the co-OC with Bevell (as the Run Game Coord., minus the play-calling piece), so losing Bevell before season's end wouldn't be nearly as damaging as it would for some teams to lose their OC. Plus, it's a fairly simple run-heavy offensive philosophy and doesn't take a wizard to keep it humming. Also, forget Paul Chryst as a replacement - he's not leaving a $1.8M/year HC gig in a Power 5 conference to be a coordinator in the NFL (an opportunity he's already turned down in the past even before he was a HC).

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Also I'm dubious on the validity of Bevell's candidacy for the Wisconsin HC job. Being an alum is all well and good, but the track record of long-time NFL assistants moving to the college game to be a HC for the first time (particularly at programs the stature of UW) is very, very poor.....Charlie Weis being just one (glaring) example, as a SB-winning OC going to his alma mater to be a HC with no previous college experience.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I really don't see DB (he likes for me to call him that) going anywhere. He, along with Cable, is exactly the kind of (yes man) guy Pete needs and wants for his system.

Mr. Allen is doing pretty well (financially speaking) these days and I don't see this group being disbanded any time soon. I know that slays many here but hell, we could do worse. IF we win it all this year, no matter your tastes, do you really want to break up a combination that gave us 2 SBs and nearly 3? I ask in all seriousness. No sarcasm.