Hawks Claim David King off Bengals PS

The Outfield

Reaction score
Really sad about Dobbs. He seemed to be filling in the backup role very well.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Here's the scoop from Cincyjungle.com

The Cincinnati Bengals signed rookie defensive end David King to their practice squad, the team announced on Tuesday. King is a former seventh-round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles during the 2013 NFL draft, who stands at 6-foot-5 and over 280 pounds. During his senior season at Oklahoma, he made the second-team All-Big 12 team, appearing in 43 games (21 starts) while recording 70 tackles, seven for a loss and 5.5 quarterback sacks in his career.

According to most scouting reports during the predraft process, King was viewed as an athletic, versatile lineman "who has played inside and outside" and someone that "holds the edge well in the run game."

NFL.com's scouting report says:

NFL scouts might refer to you as a "tweener", or a player who doesn’t quite have a position fit at the next level. But if there’s enough talent in that prospect, he can turn that into a positive – becoming a valued swing player capable of starting outside to stop the run, moving inside in obvious passing situations to provide quickness, and even projecting as a five-technique in a three-man front.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'm excited for David King, he was on my radar a couple years back, extremely athletic and a SparQ stud as the article states, and definately a comp to where Clinton McDonald was his first year here. He's probably a step down from Dobbs but you never know what opportunity can bring.

But I'm more excited Travon (?) Robertson, and a team like SFO and their power run game would be an awesome opportunity for him. I hope he's ready and I hope they give him the chance.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like Dobbs must be expected back at some point. We released Bradford to make room to make this claim

Brahn

Reaction score
Seafan":3e4idugi said:
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/12/10/7375329/seahawks-sign-dl-david-king-off-of-bengals-practice-squad

Young DL. Sounds like Dobbs to IR.

Possibly, we also released Alan Bradford. We would need another move.

kidhawk

Reaction score
A nice write up on how we acquired him, along with a little bit of his personal history. Kind of makes me want to root for him a little bit more.

[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/12/11/the-reason-new-de-david-king-isnt-daunted-by-learning-on-fly-in-middle-of-seahawks-playoff-race/[/urltargetblank]

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Versatile, athletic...can play inside and outside. Sounds like a Seahawk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anyone else keep seeing David Krieg when you see this guy's name?