Respecting Kevin Williams

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sidney Rice, Tarvaris Jackson (as a starter), Antoine Winfield, Percy Harvin, Al Jefferson... haven't worked as planned of all the Viking transients.

But Kevin Williams, at 34 years of age, was playing at a solid level when he was a back-up, and since Mebane went down I think he has stepped up and is playing at a high-level. As well as, taking on a leadership role... it would not surprise me if Jordan Hill's growth throughout this season was because of Kevin Williams' either leading by example or taking the young Hill under his wing and mentoring him up.

Williams was always and still is epitome of the consummate football player, and I think he wants to achieve the peak of NFL glory and get himself a ring. I just think its crazy even at 34 years old and in his 11th or 12th year in the League, he doesn't play bad football, he always plays Championship football even on bad teams.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2zengk24 said:
Sidney Rice, Tarvaris Jackson (as a starter), Antoine Winfield, Percy Harvin, Al Jefferson... haven't worked as planned of all the Viking transients.

But Kevin Williams, at 34 years of age, was playing at a solid level when he was a back-up, and since Mebane went down I think he has stepped up and is playing at a high-level. As well as, taking on a leadership role... it would not surprise me if Jordan Hill's growth throughout this season was because of Kevin Williams' either leading by example or taking the young Hill under his wing and mentoring him up.

Williams was always and still is epitome of the consummate football player, and I think he wants to achieve the peak of NFL glory and get himself a ring. I just think its crazy even at 34 years old and in his 11th or 12th year in the League, he doesn't play bad football, he always plays Championship football even on bad teams.

I pretty much agree, only I wouldn't have called Williams a back-up at any point this year. he has played in every single game. Our Defensive line philosophy is rotational. He's moved over to Nose Tackle, which is different for him, and is doing a really good job of it, especially considering the quality of player he's had to replace.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm not taking anything from Williams, as he's done a far better job than a lot of people expected, but Hill and his coaches deserve the credit. Hill needed additional reps and he's taken advantage of his opportunity. I think Richardson and Dobbs have been nice adds as well and the DL rotation has not suffered greatly as a result. Now we have a new kid from Cincy, and it will be interesting to see how he fits in. Williams is sort of an "anchor" at this point, but the other guys are all stepping up.

kearly

Reaction score
Rice was good, just overpaid and brittle. T-Jack has his groupies around here and for good reason. Farwell was a nice pickup. And as bad as the Harvin trade was, his fly sweeps set the tone in XLVIII and his KR TD was the final nail in the coffin.

I haven't watched Williams much this year, but he seems like the same guy he was in 2013. A bit of an ageless wonder. Obviously I am rooting for a Seahawks championship, but in particular I would really like to see Williams get a ring. He deserves it.