I expect a closer game against SF

kmedic

Reaction score
Everyone is calling for a blowout against the sinking Forty Whiners this weekend. These are the situations where the opposite tends to happen. This in a weird way is almost a trap game for us in terms of the Arizona game coming up next week. I'm not sure SF beats us, but I bet they make it closer than we all think it will be.

My guess is that they let Krapernick run with the ball more. He ate us up in the NFC championship for over a 100 yards, even with Bobby Wagner, Kam, and KJ healthy back then. They'll look at all the film and see that when they run the ball they fare better against us. I expect some more read-option or pistol looks this game with Krap taking off with the ball himself. I can see our defense getting a little gashed here and there. Just enough for their passing game to be more effective than on Thanksgiving.

The game is at C-Link. The 49ers are on life-support coming off a loss against a 1 win team. This should be a blowout. Which probably means in actuality it won't be one.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I agree. They also say to watch out for a wounded animal because they can be dangerous. Right now they are they are like a wounded dog. Be very careful in your approach before putting em down!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Hawks have yet to really blow anybody out, so I predict another 19-3 type game.

But closer? Shouldn't be unless we have a couple special teams mistakes or turnovers that make it more like last week's game...........closer than it should be.

I just can't see a veteran team like the Niners who know their season's over playing with the intensity and effort that it'd take to make this game close.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Gore sounded like he knew this was his final 3 games as a Niner during the press conference with the Hawks writers.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't expect a blowout, I think the 49ers will be focused after getting embarrassed last week.

Their offense will be miserable though. Another 3 point outing would hardly be a stunner.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8gf15wgh said:
The Hawks have yet to really blow anybody out, so I predict another 19-3 type game.

But closer? Shouldn't be unless we have a couple special teams mistakes or turnovers that make it more like last week's game...........closer than it should be.

I just can't see a veteran team like the Niners who know their season's over playing with the intensity and effort that it'd take to make this game close.

This. If we keep this game clean, we win easily. Why ? Because I don't see the Niners summoning the kind of intensity they had in the NFCCG, which was the closest game they've played up here in the last 4 years. All of the regular season games have been blowouts.

We're uniquely suited to play this team. If I'm Pete, I play like Kap is going to run a lot, as our DB's can cover up their WRs pretty easily, and Kap doesn't hit more than 2 reads. Make Kap beat us with his arm, as he hasn't been able to do that, ever.

The only way they beat us is if they go back to being very run heavy and take us by surprise with that. They haven't had success running the ball against us for a while, and if I'm a defensive coach for Seattle, I take away the one thing that worked for the Niners; Kap running the ball on us.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If the Niners try to run Kaep, it will turn out like the second half of the NFCCG. During those two quarters, I think we pretty much published the blueprint for stopping him. Teams that have duplicated our efforts have had good success.

I think it will be pretty similar in score to the Thanksgiving game. If anything, it will be closer, but I still think it will be a 10-17 point game.

- bsd

pehawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":27uhrpy6 said:
If the Niners try to run Kaep, it will turn out like the second half of the NFCCG. During those two quarters, I think we pretty much published the blueprint for stopping him. Teams that have duplicated our efforts have had good success.

I think it will be pretty similar in score to the Thanksgiving game. If anything, it will be closer, but I still think it will be a 10-17 point game.

- bsd

Only reason Kap was able to bust out those long runs in the 1st half of the NFCCG was because he broke tendency, and ran right. Seattle had shaded all their LB's and spies left.

Lesson learned...

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":34gwm9rs said:
bigskydoc":34gwm9rs said:

- bsd

Only reason Kap was able to bust out those long runs in the 1st half of the NFCCG was because he broke tendency, and ran right. Seattle had shaded all their LB's and spies left.

Lesson learned...

Great observation, Pe....but I still think having Kap improv in letting him past the LOS is SF's only hope of making a game of it. Or any game, for that matter. Such an enigma SF has brought upon themselves. I love it.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I dunno... they're like a Chevy Vega with worn out rings that needs a tune-up ..
We are like a Dodge Charger with a 383 with a supercharger!! Vrooom!!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
pehawk":3npwxrxc said:

Lesson learned...

Didn't know that. Damn, now I have to go back and watch SF games from last year again.

- bsd

Largent80

Reaction score
kmedic":2r9vfmky said:
My guess is that they let Krapernick run with the ball more. He ate us up in the NFC championship for over a 100 yards, even with Bobby Wagner, Kam, and KJ healthy back then. They'll look at all the film and see that when they run the ball they fare better against us.

So, they DIDN'T look at the film before the T-Day game?....Sorry, not buying it, we are kicking that teams ass.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
kmedic":y7y54vch said:
Everyone is calling for a blowout against the sinking Forty Whiners this weekend. These are the situations where the opposite tends to happen. This in a weird way is almost a trap game for us in terms of the Arizona game coming up next week. I'm not sure SF beats us, but I bet they make it closer than we all think it will be.

My guess is that they let Krapernick run with the ball more. He ate us up in the NFC championship for over a 100 yards, even with Bobby Wagner, Kam, and KJ healthy back then. They'll look at all the film and see that when they run the ball they fare better against us. I expect some more read-option or pistol looks this game with Krap taking off with the ball himself. I can see our defense getting a little gashed here and there. Just enough for their passing game to be more effective than on Thanksgiving.

The game is at C-Link. The 49ers are on life-support coming off a loss against a 1 win team. This should be a blowout. Which probably means in actuality it won't be one.

The NFC Championship game was an outlier (He had 2 huge runs). In the other 4 games he has not had a field day running the ball, he's been held in check. I don't expect him to go off like he did in the NFC championship game.

If Seattle get's out to an early lead, this game may be over as they may give up. If we let them hang around than who knows.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd love to see a blowout, but I can't imaging the Whiners not coming out playing very hard, and that this game is close in the 4th quarter. They have their backs against the wall, and they are still a pretty good team, regardless of the loss at Oakland.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It may not be a blow out per se, but I don't expect our BP to be high anytime after the half.

raisethe3

Reaction score
bigskydoc":qs5sfe08 said:
pehawk":qs5sfe08 said:

Lesson learned...

Didn't know that. Damn, now I have to go back and watch SF games from last year again.

- bsd

I did see in the NFCCG, where KJ Wright had a chance to stop Kap, but he tackled poorly thus, enabling Kap to break a long run. Gotta watch out for those too.

Anyways, Sunday's game won't be close.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Niners were embarrassed in front of the Nation on Thanksgiving by their biggest rival at home and saw their most hated foe, Sherman eating turkey on their logo. They couldn't even get themselves up to beat the Raiders the next week