Seahawks vs Patriots. (Speculation)

pmedic920

Reaction score
I heard one of the guys on NFLN this morning, say he's picking a Hawks/ Pats Super Bowl.

It's a possibility.

How sweet would it be, to beat Manning AND Brady in BACK to BACK Super Bowls?

Purdy sweet if you ask me.

Edit: and we we took out Rodgers to get there.
:{)

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":17zq30wf said:
I heard one of the guys on NFLN this morning, say he's picking a Hawks/ Pats Super Bowl.

It's a possibility.

My pick in the pre season was Luck and the Colts. Wouldn't mind Russell knocking him down a notch too

kearly

Reaction score
Gronk would present some major challenges for Seattle. The rest of their offense would get shut down though.

Nobody from the AFC concerns me much. Maybe Indy.

I have respect for Denver, but I think Pete can coach circles around Fox. Seattle will draw up some new offensive play and Fox will be completely unable to adjust to it in-game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kidhawk":outg8wc6 said:
pmedic920":outg8wc6 said:

It's a possibility.

My pick in the pre season was Luck and the Colts. Wouldn't mind Russell knocking him down a notch too
Think that was mine too.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":2r5s32hi said:
pmedic920":2r5s32hi said:

It's a possibility.

Pretty sure that was my pick also. But New England will due just fine.

kidhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":tcoxmzij said:
kidhawk":tcoxmzij said:
pmedic920":tcoxmzij said:

It's a possibility.

Pretty sure that was my pick also. But New England will due just fine.

Agreed....it could be Cleveland for all I care as long as the NFC is represented by the Seahawks

bigskydoc

Reaction score
My preseason pick was Patriots-Cardinals. With the way the injuries have taken a toll on Arizona, and with Seattle getting the mojo back, I will go Pats-Hawks now with Green Bay being our NFCCG opponent.

I would love to see a Carrol/Belichick faceoff, although Belichick is the coach that scares me the most in the NFL.

I figured that the AFC would come down to Pats/Broncs with the nod to Pats as they had the head to head regular season home field advantage which would translate into just enough to snag the 1 seed. Looks like I was right on that one.

- bsd

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":1p3poiqz said:
Gronk would present some major challenges for Seattle. The rest of their offense would get shut down though.

What makes you say this? Not saying you're wrong, but the Hawks have always shut down TE's. Olsen, Graham, Davis, name the big time TE and we've locked em down.

Gronk feasts on average LB's and safeties that he can out muscle, IMO wouldn't happen with us.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1c0rue89 said:
kearly":1c0rue89 said:

What makes you say this? Not saying you're wrong, but the Hawks have always shut down TE's. Olsen, Graham, Davis, name the big time TE and we've locked em down.

Gronk feasts on average LB's and safeties that he can out muscle, IMO wouldn't happen with us.
Gates, Rivera...we're much healthier now, but still

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm not even hoping for that match up.
I just think it would be awesome to have beaten. Manning and Brady both, in Super Bowls.
With Rodgers twice on the way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
-The Glove-":275pafc8 said:
Sgt. Largent":275pafc8 said:
kearly":275pafc8 said:

Gates, Rivera...we're much healthier now, but still

Yeah Gates definitely tore us a new one. But I consider that an aberration, rather than a trend. Kam was noticeably hurting...............River's also made some unbelievable throws.

Boycie

Reaction score
kearly":1l3f9nmk said:

Nobody from the AFC concerns me much. Maybe Indy.

I have respect for Denver, but I think Pete can coach circles around Fox. Seattle will draw up some new offensive play and Fox will be completely unable to adjust to it in-game.

We seemed to shut down the Saints and Jimmy Graham with KJ. I think we'll be fine against Gronk.

A

Anonymous

Sgt. Largent":lrwsmzzy said:
kearly":lrwsmzzy said:

Tony Gonzales?

byau

Reaction score
ESPN First Take agrees and has been giving a lot of love to the Seahawks

Yesterday's show

Stephen A. Smith
* Seahawks currently the best team in the NFL, criteria is that outside of HFA they are the most dangerous
* If it's a Seahawks/Packers for NFCCG, at CLink the Packers wouldn't have a chance. At Lambeau, he thinks Seahawks have a chance though he'd pick Packers
* If Packers are in SB, thinks they could get beat by an AFC team (I think specifically mentioned Patriots). If Seahawks are in SB, does not think any AFC team could take them

Skip Bayless
* For the most part agrees, except he thinks Seahawks would win at Lambeau

It's nice to hear this and all, but dang paranoid worrisome me thinks the last time the media was this high on the Seahawks, we had just dominated the Packers in the opener and all the analysts were thinking we might go 16-0

*sigh* ... worrisome me.

GO HAWKS! STAY HUNGRY!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jiv71mp9 said:
kearly":jiv71mp9 said:

Yeah, look how we shutdown Gates in San Diego earlier this year.......

raisethe3

Reaction score
I honestly would love that match. I have that feeling in the last 2-3 weeks that Patriots are the team to beat in the AFC. Only Denver can stop them, but honestly, we will have to see how the rest of the season unfold out.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3t15vms8 said:

Yes, but that was because it was 147 degrees at game time and the Chargers had already developed lizard skin and camel humps. Or, maybe it was due to it being a road game against the Who-Cares Chargers that was sandwiched between statement games against the Packers and Broncos. I don't have a link or any statistical analysis to back me up, but I'd wager that Gates would be a mitigated factor at best if the Seahawks had a rematch on Feb 1.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":22xycwnq said:
kidhawk":22xycwnq said:
pmedic920":22xycwnq said:

It's a possibility.

Think that was mine too.

Luck may have the Manning career. Great regular sesaons and a choke fest in playoffs.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":qhmxbnsm said:
Sgt. Largent":qhmxbnsm said:
kearly":qhmxbnsm said:

Rivers went God Mode in that game, I just don't see that happening again. It could, but unlikely.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
My preseason pick was New England Seattle. Didnt this forum have a prediction thread?

Latest posts