This is how BIG the Bills/Packers game is (Seahawks related)

BlueTalons

Reaction score
And it is more than just obtaining the #1 seed.

We all want the Hawks to win out - I get that. BUT...if we DO lose at Az...the Bills beating the Packers would be HUGE as we would be 99.9% in the playoffs with wining our two remaining home games (to get to 11 wins.) A Bills win would give the Packers 4 losses and if the Lions get to week 17 with 4 losses, one will have to exit that game with 5 losses (a tie being that .1%) And since we have all the tie-breakers involving both GB and Detroit (and Philly,) we win ANY tie-breaker in figuring out the WC.

The Bills not giving GB that 4th loss puts the very possible (though unlikely) situation where GB could be a 12-4 WC and us up against Dallas @ 11-5 for the #6 seed.

(GB could lose at Tampa...but not likely.)

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Missing the playoffs at 11-5.. brutal...

But thats also assuming some W's for Dallas and eagles right? What has to happen to those two for a 11 win hawk team to get left out?

ManBunts

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3hl5ak6j said:

But thats also assuming some W's for Dallas and eagles right? What has to happen to those two for a 11 win hawk team to get left out?

No, missing at 11-5 stings. Missing at 11-5 and watching the vomit inducing Falcons or Saints go at potentially 6-9, THAT'S brutal.

We need the Eagles to win if I recall, as that will presumably remove the Cowboys from contention, and then we'll own the tiebreaker over the Eagles if comes to that for seeding.

But either way we need to win out

ManBunts

Reaction score
Largent80":2bmqrao6 said:
Bills have the D to make life miserable for the pack.

Uh, I have Eddie Lacy in my fantasy football championship. Could we maybe just let the Bills offense have a career day and their defense can stay out of it?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
ManBunts":3pddjav4 said:
Largent80":3pddjav4 said:

Uh, I have Eddie Lacy in my fantasy football championship. Could we maybe just let the Bills offense have a career day and their defense can stay out of it?

This right hhere is why I can't mess with FF. WTF.

Largent80

Reaction score
ManBunts":37xf0qqs said:
Largent80":37xf0qqs said:

Nope. Go Bills D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2e8oq7hp said:
ManBunts":2e8oq7hp said:
Largent80":2e8oq7hp said:

This right hhere is why I can't mess with FF. WTF.
Yeah it's one reason I quit playing FF.

OP
OP
BlueTalons

BlueTalons

Reaction score

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
BlueTalons":29h3fcel said:
hawksfansinceday1":29h3fcel said:
Hawks win out and they're in. 12-4 guys.
Read my OP, second paragraph, first line...
I get it and I mean no disrespect.....all I'm saying is that the team will take care of business and will win out. My opinion of course. Personally I believe this strongly enough that I'm not considering any other scenarios at this point. Because of that, I probably shouldn't have commented in your thread since it deals with an 11-5 scenario. I apologize.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
ManBunts":2f2xzu6y said:
gowazzu02":2f2xzu6y said:

No, missing at 11-5 stings. Missing at 11-5 and watching the vomit inducing Falcons or Saints go at potentially 6-9, THAT'S brutal.

We need the Eagles to win if I recall, as that will presumably remove the Cowboys from contention, and then we'll own the tiebreaker over the Eagles if comes to that for seeding.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that neither the Saints nor the Falcons go 6-9 to finish the season.

Erebus

Reaction score
Rooting for the Bills to upset the Packers feels like one of those games where you have to rely on a perennial loser (see Rams vs Cardinals last night) with a false sense of hope, only to have those hopes crushed on Sunday. In fact, the Packers only games the rest of the year are against perennial losers, even if two of them are playing well this year. Those are franchises that are guaranteed to let you down.

Meeker

Reaction score
SonicHawk":mrpvz18e said:
ManBunts":mrpvz18e said:
gowazzu02":mrpvz18e said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that neither the Saints nor the Falcons go 6-9 to finish the season.

Really stretching it there :lol:

Also, then we would know how teams felt when the "vomit inducing" 7-9 Seahawks, whose every loss was by double digits, made the playoffs.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Erebus":3oihkez3 said:
Rooting for the Bills to upset the Packers feels like one of those games where you have to rely on a perennial loser (see Rams vs Cardinals last night) with a false sense of hope, only to have those hopes crushed on Sunday. In fact, the Packers only games the rest of the year are against perennial losers, even if two of them are playing well this year. Those are franchises that are guaranteed to let you down.
The Lions disagree with you, but I don't. I actually think Buffalo has a better shot at beating GB than Detroit does.