Is Dwight Simon not the next rising star on this team?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I just wanted to give this young man more props! I love his fire and passion, and I really think he's headed to be the next star on this team

I don't really know where he's from, but I think in the next few years he's gonna become such a big name that he's gonna own his home town!

That's it, I just wanted to express how excited I am for his future

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think he is, great CB and Richard is taking him under his wings. Imagine having two sides you can't really throw to. That's a nightmare for offensive coordinators.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Even with all the "issues", I think most people here saw the potential when he was drafted. A lot of people where pretty high on him. Can see flashes of everything when he's played, high potential, but at the same time he's been a bit of a hot head at times. He's settled down a bit, which is nice. Definitely going to be a fantastic corner.

seabowl

Reaction score
Dude has had one maybe 2 good games and we are now calling him a rising star? I just wish that he won't commit a stupid penalty as he's done in the past. Let him finish the season before er anoint anyone a rising star.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
seabowl":f5edd0fr said:
Dude has had one maybe 2 good games and we are now calling him a rising star? I just wish that he won't commit a stupid penalty as he's done in the past. Let him finish the season before er anoint anyone a rising star.

I have posted this before, but it bears repeating. On 160 cover snaps, Simon is allowing the lowest QB rating in the league (37.9) and has the 2nd most cover snaps/reception (20) among all corners.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seabowl":a6t2q59k said:

Where has anyone 'anointed' him?

Mick063

Reaction score
We won't be singing his praises when he loses a tight game due to pass interference.

The fans from other teams that whine about the physical play of the Seattle corners were typically unable to discern good technique from illegal play. From what I have seen, Simon changes all of that. He does more to legitimize and reinforce the notion than all of the Seattle corners before him. Too bad that Maxwell and Sherman will have to endure video samples of Simon to reinforce the idea that all of the Seattle corners play that way.

Indeed, before Simon started playing, the television pundits were saying that the "LOB rule" didn't apply to the LOB. The claim was backed up statistically. The most heavily penalized team wasn't getting penalized for illegal contact. With Simon on the field, it won't be long until the pundits won't be able to say that any more.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Everyone knows his real name is #HumbleThug, everything else is just an alias.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I just met BMax at the Landing as I was leaving Danner and shook his hand and told him "thanks for all that you've done for us, have a great game tomorrow! And stay a Hawk please" and the look he gave me after that, well let's just say something might be brewing at 12 Seahawks Way (VMAC). Lord knows I am probably reading farrrr too much into his facial expression. I hope so.

seabowl

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2mxud26q said:
seabowl":2mxud26q said:

Believe the OP was suggesting that, no?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
seabowl":12nwlto6 said:
HawKnPeppa":12nwlto6 said:
seabowl":12nwlto6 said:

Believe the OP was suggesting that, no?

No.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Ok. I will go out on the limb then and say Simon will a pro bowl level player next year. His stats are just as good as Shermans of late, and teams play us so differently. Maxwell is pro bowl level when lining up against the slot receiver, and I think we are going to have the best secondary in the NFL again next year.

I went on record earlier this year saying Id rather have Simon on the outside than Maxwell, even if at the time he was not quite as good..his skill set and physical skills match the unique philosophy of our D. You just cant throw long over the top on Simon and you never see a QB keying on him.. early this year you saw opposing QBs throw 8 times a game at Maxwell.