I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Overall not a great game, the offense looked like POO, the defense had that one crappy drive, but besides that they were lights out! Lots of stuff to fix and most of it is fixable.

The Hawks could have been like the Erin Rodgers and the cheese today, play like crap and lose.

a W is a W! :th2thumbs:

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Everybody would take any kind of win over any kind of loss every time.....esp. considering there's no such thing as a "pretty loss" for a good team anyway.

But yeah, this was a Bevell-onian style 'ugly win' for sure.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Looked like a gorgeously physical victory over a tough division opponent to me.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Offense had more explosive plays in this game than I think they have had in any other game.

They just couldn't finish drives (familiar, I know). But they were gouging the Niners throughout the game. Wouldn't say they looked like poo.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The only ugly thing about our wins is that offensive line.

irocdave

Reaction score
It wasn't pretty, but it is what it should have been. The niners were going to come out with a fire under their ass and play ball, which they did. Hawks were the better team and came away with the win. Niners played well on D and committed to the run on O which is the backbone of that team. I think both teams kept it close to the vest and relied on what they do best. The 15 yarder for hitting Wilson in the chest....not sure that was a good call. In the end I don't think it affected the outcome but seemed borderline. The two previous PF penalties were spot on.

Another takeaway, I was expecting a Lynch signature long run scoring play. Didn't happen.

All said, great win by the Hawks. They took care of business and propelled themselves in to the potential lead in the NFC. Ugly win, yes. Great win, YES.

CHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1hwvyymx said:
Looked like a gorgeously physical victory over a tough division opponent to me.

True to that

danp1990

Reaction score
Damn I missed the game but my whiner 49er fan of a brother kept insisting there were blown calls! I hate living down here in California. Miss the good old PNW.Just whinning everywhere!

kearly

Reaction score
Both of Seattle's TD drives were set up by clutch penalties against SF. The Hawks scored just 3 points otherwise, and had a pair of trips inside the thirty that produced zero points.

Seattle also caught a huge break with the injuries to SF, they were on their 3rd RB by the 3rd quarter. They lost Borland too. Once Borland got dinged there was a night and day difference with their run D.

And I don't care. A win's a win, and this was a HUGE win.

Latest posts