49'ers in Rams-mode

taco40

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else felt like they were watching the Ram's defense in 49'ers uniforms at the beginning of the game. My impression was that they came in with the intent to rough up Seattle since their season was all but over.
The hits were dirty and the refs showed agreement with their little yellow hankies. Yes, they are hard hitters, but it seemed like they were more intent on ruining someone else, rather than playing to win at the start. Again, much the same way that St. Louis' talented defenses in the past playing more like dirtballs because they had nothing else to play for. It's not unique. I remember the awful Green Bay teams that were getting smacked around by the Bears in the early 80's. They did their best to intimidate and hurt 'cuz they sure weren't going to win.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
taco40":2lbenyix said:
I wonder if anyone else felt like they were watching the Ram's defense in 49'ers uniforms at the beginning of the game. My impression was that they came in with the intent to rough up Seattle since their season was all but over.
The hits were dirty and the refs showed agreement with their little yellow hankies. Yes, they are hard hitters, but it seemed like they were more intent on ruining someone else, rather than playing to win at the start. Again, much the same way that St. Louis' talented defenses in the past playing more like dirtballs because they had nothing else to play for. It's not unique. I remember the awful Green Bay teams that were getting smacked around by the Bears in the early 80's. They did their best to intimidate and hurt 'cuz they sure weren't going to win.
Correct. They aren't stupid, they knew they were elimnated long before today, and they wanted to ruin someone else's season.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Well, we lost our starting LT, so they managed to F something for our playoff run.
Dirty bastards.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Bobby "the wall" Wagner, Gore was going full force and ended up being a crash test. Hope he is ok. Read the article that he respects how fast Wagner is, now he must know that Wagner is probably strong as hell too.