C-Mike vs LB On A Deep Pass

chet380

Reaction score
Let's see more of this ... RW was hurried and overthrew, but otherwise an easy TD

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Feel like C-Mike would've had the TD there if he simply jumped to catch the ball rather than try to catch it flat-footed. Tough play to make though.

jkitsune

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3eavknoi said:
Feel like C-Mike would've had the TD there if he simply jumped to catch the ball rather than try to catch it flat-footed. Tough play to make though.

Yeah. Doug Baldwin probably catches it and gets the toe drag. That's why he's a RB.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
DavidSeven":18opgtz6 said:

Maybe I need to rewatch it but on first take I thought he would have been out no matter how he caught it

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2781jo3y said:
DavidSeven":2781jo3y said:

Maybe I need to rewatch it but on first take I thought he would have been out no matter how he caught it

His toe was right on the line so if his toe is an inch forward....TD.

I think most WR's make this catch but do not blame a RB...it being a tough catch and all.

Edit: grammar and add: I was sad thinking if only Russ could have shortened it to anywhere in that quarter of endzone would have been good.

Cartire

Reaction score
Agreed it was a tough catch. And I think a decent WR (Doug) makes that catch. But I said the same thing, it wasnt his fault. RW needed to take a little air off that throw for the sure TD.

kearly

Reaction score
I think the only way he catches it is if he turns his back to the ball and catches it over his shoulder, which would allow for the diving toe-tap. But he wasn't really in position to make that kind of play, he was standing near the back of the endzone when Wilson found him. It was just an overthrown pass to a wide open target, simple as that.