Niner fans have no right complaining about calls

seahawksny

Reaction score
I didn't agree with the roughing the passer call on Wilson, and I'd probably be upset too if it were the opposite.

However, what I saw today is what I've seen the last 4 years in Santa Clara and that is they are awarded 30-45 yards a game in non unsportsmanlike conduct calls against their coach.

In baseball, a manager is thrown from game arguing to the point that harbaugh does.

In basketball, technicals before eventual ejection occur at when coaches blow their top the way he does.

Why doesn't the same apply for football? No other coach is given the special treatment he gets.

taco40

Reaction score
seahawksny":3vnvien2 said:
I didnt agree with the roughing the passer call on wilson, and I'd probably be upset too if it were the opposite.

However, what I saw today is what I've seen the last 4 years in Santa clara and that is they are awarded 30-45 yards a game in non unsportsmanlike conduct calls against their coach
in baseball, a manager is thrown from game arguing to the point that harbaugh does

In basketball, technicals before eventual ejection occur at when coaches blow their top the way he does.

Why doesn't the same apply for football? No other coach is given the special treatment he gets

It might be that he is so irrelevant that even the refs just laugh him off. :les:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
This is a flimsy argument. Unsportsmanlike penalties are very rare in football period.

Edit: on coaches they're rare.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Coaches aren't flagged in football for arguing. It's no different for any other coach.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2tcym0w1 said:
This is a flimsy argument. Unsportsmanlike penalties are very rare in football period.

Not true
they are called against players all the time
same standard should apply

jkitsune

Reaction score
But it doesn't. Harbaugh doesn't get any special treatment. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that other coaches would get flagged for Harbaugh's level of arguing.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
jkitsune":3dhbhxis said:
Coaches aren't flagged in football for arguing. It's no different for any other coach.

They should be , cause frankly I think he's a disgrace to the game. John McEnroe of the 2000s

jkitsune

Reaction score
seahawksny":31v7b59o said:
jkitsune":31v7b59o said:

They should be , cause frankly I think he's a disgrace to the game. John McEnroe of the 2000s

OK, but your original argument is that Harbaugh is getting special treatment. He's not. You just don't like the rules.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
jkitsune":e6nbihfm said:
But it doesn't. Harbaugh doesn't get any special treatment. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that other coaches would get flagged for Harbaugh's level of arguing.

You don't know that. Nobody bitches like he does. Thank goodness

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawksny":1f6e3e2u said:
jkitsune":1f6e3e2u said:

Actually, we do know that.

No coaches get flagged, and plenty throw fits on the sideline. Did you watch the Chipster last week?

Time to go ahead and abandon this argument.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
seahawksny":156me21c said:
jkitsune":156me21c said:

Solid argument. Makes sense

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
jkitsune":oo2zh1f0 said:
seahawksny":oo2zh1f0 said:
jkitsune":oo2zh1f0 said:

OK, but your original argument is that Harbaugh is getting special treatment. He's not. You just don't like the rules.

Me not liking the rules is irrelevant. Penalties like unsportsmanlike conduct are at the discretion of the officials. Like balls and strikes. No defined limits, they can be called at anytime for any reason.
And they SHOULD be called on him, regardless if it's accepted or not.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
seahawksny":3sjccdpk said:
jkitsune":3sjccdpk said:
seahawksny":3sjccdpk said:
jkitsune":3sjccdpk said:

Me not liking the rules is irrelevant. Penalties like unsportsmanlike conduct are at the discretion of the officials. Like balls and strikes. No defined limits, they can be called at anytime for any reason.

Ok but your argument that harbaugh gets special treatment has absolutely no basis in reality

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawksny":dz1qsj9m said:
jkitsune":dz1qsj9m said:
seahawksny":dz1qsj9m said:
jkitsune":dz1qsj9m said:

Fine.

But they arent. Ever.

Therefore your argument about SF getting special treatment is null and void.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I could care less if they don't like the officiating. I didn't like our last game were we were called for 14 penalties while they were called for 3. They had gained more yards from our penalties than their own passes.

Last year the only reason we didn't sweep them was because a blatantly wrong call the officials deliberately changed what the call was simply so we couldn't challenge it and that bogus call prevented a Crabtree fumble recovered by us from being reviewed and giving us the ball. They scored 3 on that drive and only won by 2 and we had one less possession. If they get that call right we bet them in candlestick and sweep them last year.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":j9fc6mka said:
Seanhawk":j9fc6mka said:

Not true
they are called against players all the time
same standard should apply

I meant on coaches.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RichNhansom":23rmsu7x said:
I could care less if they don't like the officiating. I didn't like our last game were we were called for 14 penalties while they were called for 3. They had gained more yards from our penalties than their own passes.

Last year the only reason we didn't sweep them was because a blatantly wrong call the officials deliberately changed what the call was simply so we couldn't challenge it and that bogus call prevented a Crabtree fumble recovered by us from being reviewed and giving us the ball. They scored 3 on that drive and only won by 2 and we had one less possession. If they get that call right we bet them in candlestick and sweep them last year.

I disagreed with the roughing the passer call, but the network guys made wAAAAy too big of a deal out of it. To hear them tell it, you would have thought that the entire game hinged on that one call. Although it's impossible to tell for sure, I got the sense that a 6 point lead would have stood up just as well as 10 points did.

I'd also remind Niner fans that they got away with a clear PI in the first half that cost us at least 3 points.