Britt...

endzorn

Reaction score
He's a rookie who probably needed a season learning behind a veteran.

BillHawks

Reaction score
He's probably the best rookie RT. It's hard to plug a rookie into any line, but especially difficult when it's the Seahawks line and you have Russell Wilson running around behind you. I like him after 1 year better than I liked Carp after 2.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Who even clips anymore...guy is a true throwback.

Have to think if we had anyone better they would be playing though...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
You obviously weren't in the gameday forum today.

He had a very poor game today in pass pro. He wasn't bad in run blocking. This is about his 3rd really bad game in pass pro this year IIRC. He's a rook so theoretically should improve. Surprising to many of us that he wasn't given any help today. Frisco's front 4 is still very good, really the best unit on their team right now.

Anthony!

Reaction score
nolachawks":3w2w8gun said:
Allright 12's, what's our thoughts on Britt?

Hes great if his QB would just stay still and keep the count on 1 Britt would be fine

Hawknballs

Reaction score
he's a rookie playing well for one on a line that's otherwise not terribly good or consistent.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
The good thing about it is that he's got a higher ceiling and playing against our division he will learn to be better. It took Sweezy a few years to adjust to the NFC West defenses.

nwgamer

Reaction score
He faced some beast pass rushers today and struggled. He is learning and isn't quite the turnstile he was a couple months ago. As a big plus he has stayed healthy. I remember a lot of people didn't like The Mad Russian early last season but he blocked his way to a ring. Might happen similarly for Britt if the cards land right....

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
He's the worst player on a bottom 10 line in football. Kinda wish we wouldn't have let Bowie go.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Britt has a lot to learn. And he is probably the first one to admit it. Can he...will he learn what he needs to know by next Fall? We'll see. :?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Like him. Awesome run blocker; needs seasoning, time and experience in pass pro.

kearly

Reaction score
I think he looks like a rookie. I don't think he'll ever be a stud pass protector but I've seen even worse rookies turn into solid pass protectors down the line.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
BillHawks":ikgq3xub said:
He's probably the best rookie RT. It's hard to plug a rookie into any line, but especially difficult when it's the Seahawks line and you have Russell Wilson running around behind you. I like him after 1 year better than I liked Carp after 2.

Boom! That's it. I like the kid and he can only get better. This guy IS going to be a fixture on our O line for the next ten years. BOOK IT.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I haven't noticed how bad he has been prior to the last few games and it won't get any easier for him next sunday.

I wish he had more of the dirtbag mentality that Breno had.

At least Breno never looked intimidated, though i doubt Cable would play Britt if he showed an ounce of fear.

Overall Britt looks like he is in over his head. At least he can't play much worse… right?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
No. 1, it was a critical draft choice, given the lack of success of virtually every other OT in this rookie class and the fact that Michael Bowie suffered a season-ending injury and then was claimed off waivers with an injury designation. To continue to run the football like we need to, there was no better option than Britt.

So he's been a beastly run blocker, a perfect complement next to Sweezy this season, and he hasn't given up a lot of sacks in comparison to the other rookie OTs. The issue is he's not very good as an outside pass protector. This was his weakness in college, as he has relatively short arms and does not move well laterally. He frequently allows players to get outside of him and has no way to recover without drawing a penalty for holding. If my unofficial tally is correct, Britt now leads the league in pressures allowed this season.

I predict Britt eventually moves inside to left guard after we hit on a good pass blocking OT (we need a backup for Okung anyway if Bailey takes over for Carpenter, and I think Bailey is just a stop gap due to his weakness as a run blocker). Like Sweezy, I think Britt has the potential to be a Pro Bowler as a guard. He's very strong, plays with great leverage, and would be more successful in pass protection when blocking inside in a smaller window. A Britt-Unger-Sweezy inside combo could be deadly in the future.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
The whole line except for LJP had a bad day. As badly as Britt played, I was particularly disappointed with Sweezy's performance and brain farts.

I hate to throw gasoline on Bevell, but I just don't understand why he would not call more run plays in the first half. It seemed like we really started to commit to the run in the second half and that helped solidfy our OL play.