Love the win. Tired of the OL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am tired of seeing Russell Wilson under duress from the very SECOND the ball is snapped. Give the man Romo's line and he would be literally untouchable.

PLEEEEEASE I beg of thee...FIX OUR OL IN THE OFFSEASON.

PS...

RIP 49ers. LOL

endzorn

Reaction score
I'm not a coach so this might seem stupid, but every time I see Bailey play he does a solid job. Why can't he start at right tackle and use Britt as depth? Britt needs some more time to catch up to the speed of the game.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I have the same frustrations, but I'm not sure you're going to see them do much about it. Britt and Sweezy aren't going to be replaced.

Unger and Okung probably aren't going anywhere yet, although Unger makes a fair bit of money someone who is always hurt, and Okung may not be re-signed after next year.

The only spot that might be upgraded is LG.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1gwcdpc3 said:
It was bad pass pro today, real bad.

Pass pro has been real bad for years now.

Sad thing is, people were actually serious in mentioning cable taking over offensive coordinator duties...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Could it be that Wilson's ability to extend/make plays while staying healthy despite poor blocking has caused Carol/Schneider to shift time and resources away from o-line improvement? I don't know....

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TheWalrus":2mk7ffnz said:
I have the same frustrations, but I'm not sure you're going to see them do much about it.

And that would be stupid if they didn't do much about it. By far, it's the single largest deficit on this team.

I bet Russ would be willing to knock off some millions on his contract if it meant we could secure a better OL to protect him.

HawkerD

Reaction score
I am not a Cable fan. Their is enought talent out there to be descent...they aren't . ZBS isn't even doing it in the run game. If it wasn't for 24 and RW our rushing offense would suck. pass pro is terrible and if not for RW scrambling skills our pass game would be shit as well. It is time for a new OL coach. It has been basically the same crap for 3 years.

Yes the hawks won a SB and went deep the tear prior but long term this will not work. RW is going to get hurt and then what. For all the excuse makers I am not down on the team, they just need to fix this one thing.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Totally agree. Worried about Arizona's line next week. Probably the only way they stay close is by putting massive pressure on Wilson. Then the Rams the week after. Hope Unger is back, he does a better job of calling out Blitzes which should help.

Hope Okung is okay. What the heck is a chest wall bruise?

Go Hawks!

Cartire

Reaction score
fenderbender123":8qbum3oq said:
Could it be that Wilson's ability to extend/make plays while staying healthy despite poor blocking has caused Carol/Schneider to shift time and resources away from o-line improvement? I don't know....

I just saw interstellar. There is something to this....

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
It's really, REALLY hard to have a team with completely awesome players at every position. We already have way higher than average players at quarterback, running back, special teams, and all over the defense.

That said, I don't think it's too much to ask to even hope for mediocre at the O-line positions. Geez, it's not like it's an important set of positions.

That said, we did win it all last year with the #32 ranked offensive line. If that exact thing happens again, I'll take it and never complain about them again. Much.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Was just watching the Eagles Dallas game and despite Dallas winning their Oline didn't do a great job at run blocking. Pretty sure we gained more yards on the ground against the Eagles than Dallas did. That said they pass block like crazy.

SC

kearly

Reaction score
Here's what FO says:

Run blocking:

Dallas #1
Seattle #6

Pass blocking:

Dallas #19
Seattle #23

Seattle is a run first team with a run first line. Not much different than Dallas, who everyone seems so jealous of.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
kearly":3kgf7fzs said:
Here's what FO says:

Run blocking:

Dallas #1
Seattle #6

Pass blocking:

Dallas #19
Seattle #23

Seattle is a run first team with a run first line. Not much different than Dallas, who everyone seems so jealous of.
I'm not sure how they determine their ratings but I have watched 4 or 5 Dallas games and their pass blocking is far far superior to ours.

HawkerD

Reaction score
kearly":17qawwtb said:
Here's what FO says:

Run blocking:

Dallas #1
Seattle #6

Pass blocking:

Dallas #19
Seattle #23

You always pull out this BS stat. We are #6 because we have a beast at RB. There are Rarely holes where you get to the second level. It's on 24 t o break a tackle. Then there are DL players in the backfield hitting 24 about the same time he gets the ball.

Your like the wife of a alcoholic who thinks her husband drinks because he is under a lot stress

Face it, the o line is horrid run first or not.

In the end it doesn't matter what we think. PC and JS see what they see and will address it accordingly. I'm just stating the obvious.

ivotuk

Reaction score
You can't use run and pass rankings to determine how good or bad the offensive line is! That's ridiculous!

Around 2005 Jim Mora Jr, Greg Knapp and Michael Vick had the Falcons as the #1 rush offense. Should we hire them?

The ONLY reason it's as high as it is, is because of Russell Wilson's ability to magically escape people and make yards, along with Marshawn's Lynch's ability to make something out of nothing.

Just imagine if we had a decent line, or maybe more importantly, an offensive line coach that can get the best out of the guys that we have. Greg Romans might be looking for a job soon... Tony Sporano anyone?

This offensive line sucks, just look at all the presnap penalties, at home no less! And Carpenter has turned in to a windmill. The guy is dumber than a box of rocks! He let Dial go right by him in to Russell's chest and ran out towards the LBs trying to block with his QB lying under a 300 pound DT!

Last week James ran 20 yards down the field on a pass play, and blocked no one. He continually lets his guy go by then tries to block a LB or DB that makes him look foolish. The guy is too big and plodding and should never be blocking anyone other than the guy directly in front of him.

This offensive line is going to cost us our franchise QB! To think that we have invested two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, and our best lineman is a 7th round DT converted to RG.

I put this on Tom Cable. He's paid a lot of money and has been given several picks to make this line in to something. And they are something, a windmilling, penalty-creating machine. How, after 4 years do these guys still get false starts at home? Why is Justin Britton doing cut blocks down the line when he can't seem to pull one off?

This is just a guess, but I think Cable tries to have these guys do too much and neglects the basics. He's so busy trying to coach the linemen to play LT, RT, RG, LG, and C, why not let them learn to do their damn job? Because they aren't doing it after 4 years.

I see teams all the time that throw together 3 or 4 guys and they open holes and pass block just fine. So what's the magic trick?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Part of the magic trick is continuity. The pre-snap stuff is on the players themselves, but a lot of the other stuff is worsened by cycling backups through. If we are looking for a fix for next season then a good starting point would be improving the health reliability of the line. Maybe that means replacing an injury prone player, or investing in high floor backups, or trying to get the Tanzania banner back (although we had bad health luck with it too).

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawkerD":2t7uoata said:
kearly":2t7uoata said:
Here's what FO says:

Run blocking:

Dallas #1
Seattle #6

Pass blocking:

Dallas #19
Seattle #23

You always pull out this BS stat. We are #6 because we have a beast at RB. There are Rarely holes where you get to the second level. It's on 24 t o break a tackle. Then there are DL players in the backfield hitting 24 about the same time he gets the ball.

Your like the wife of a alcoholic who thinks her husband drinks because he is under a lot stress

Face it, the o line is horrid run first or not.

In the end it doesn't matter what we think. PC and JS see what they see and will address it accordingly. I'm just stating the obvious.

and the best running qb in the league

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Natethegreat":pjdxn1zo said:
I'm not sure how they determine their ratings but I have watched 4 or 5 Dallas games and their pass blocking is far far superior to ours.

AGREED.