poll question.

How sure are you that the Hawks will win out and gain #1 seed?

• I am 100% sure.

Votes: 40 66.7%
  • Only 50% sure.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Not confident.

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

RunTheBall

Reaction score
I'd say I'm about 90% sure. Anything can happen it's the NFL so both games are losable, but I like the Hawks in both games.

kearly

Reaction score
Even with the offense being a bit mistake prone as of late, I feel comfortable with voting 100%. Arizona won't score the 16+ points they'll need to beat Seattle with such atrocious personnel on offense, and Jeff Fisher probably won't be dumb enough to attempt another con on Pete Carroll during week 17 with the whole world looking for it. Dallas needs to win out and get some help to secure the #1 over Seattle.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
gargantual":3v3y3biv said:
I thought that unless there's a threeway tie, Dallas wins the tiebreaker over us (both being 12-4).
The thing is it's looking VERY likely that the NFC North Champ will be 12-4.

idahohawk

Reaction score
gargantual":1cqp8rfr said:
I thought that unless there's a threeway tie, Dallas wins the tiebreaker over us (both being 12-4).

With GB and DET playing each other the last game, even if Dallas wins out, all we need is one other 12-4 team for the 3 way tie, which guarantees SEA the 1 Seed.

Basically we need to root for Dallas to lose vs. Indy. But even if DAL wins out, we are OK with either GB or DET @ 12-4. If they both win next week, we are guaranteed HFA. (Assuming we win both our games)

So, we root for GB (@ TB) and DET (@CHI) next week because that seals HFA for us if we win out.

GoHawks.

gargantual

Reaction score
idahohawk":mstqgnjm said:
So, we root for GB (@ TB) and DET (@CHI) next week because that seals HFA for us if we win out.
Oooo yeah. Really starting to like these odds. Them beating those two teams this year seems a near slam dunk, sure thing.

Only we gotta get past Ari and STL. My confidence level after today is a bit shaken. We gotta get that red zone efficiency popping. Especially into the playoffs. We might eek the next two out, but the playoffs is a whole other bag.

evergreen

Reaction score
Did you notice the difference in the 2nd half? That's the norm for now on. Niners were playing their asses off in the 1st and it was looking like the typical trap game. Then we hut them down. Lynch was awesome and came close to breaking a couple. We're done losing this season.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
evergreen":dg2t93e9 said:
Did you notice the difference in the 2nd half? That's the norm for now on. Niners were playing their asses off in the 1st and it was looking like the typical trap game. Then we hut them down. Lynch was awesome and came close to breaking a couple. We're done losing this season.

I agree, but it depends on happens on what other teams do and if you do that it usually is not meant to be , I still think we will get to the super bowl again but I think we are going to have to win at home and on the road to get back there.

gargantual

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":3sgqnmsl said:
evergreen":3sgqnmsl said:

I agree, but it depends on happens on what other teams do and if you do that it usually is not meant to be , I still think we will get to the super bowl again but I think we are going to have to win at home and on the road to get back there.

Wellllll, technically we're depending on what other teams do to get the #1 seed. We win out and the division is ours and we have at LEAST the #2 seed.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
gargantual":wu55jkq7 said:
seahawk Dan":wu55jkq7 said:
evergreen":wu55jkq7 said:

Wellllll, technically we're depending on what other teams do to get the #1 seed. We win out and the division is ours and we have at LEAST the #2 seed.

Yes that is true , as long as the Seahawks take it game by games quarter by quarter , we will be hosting .

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
That's a pretty massive gap between 100% and 50%.

I'm a little less than 70% sure. Probably ~80% confident against Arizona and ~88% confident against St. Louis. That's about 70%, then subtract a percent or two for goofy scenarios where winning out doesn't get us the 1 seed.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Dallas is 3-4 at home, 7-0 on the road.

If they get the one seed, it isn't the worst thing in the world.

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
lot's of great points. I agree that if we don't get the #1 I think we can make hay with the #2. go hawks!! :thirishdrinkers: