How the Seahawks get the #1 Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
This is assuming the Seahawks win their last 2 games of course

One of these 3 things must happen

1. Dallas loses either of their remaining 2 games
2. Detroit and Green Bay both Win this upcoming weekend (forcing the division winner to be 12-4)
3. NFC North Winner finishes 12-4 (Doesn't matter if it's GB or DET)

2 and 3 are kind of the same thing, but both teams winning in Week 16 would clinch it since they play each other Week 17.

pehawk

Reaction score
Dallas is losing next week vs the Colts.

theascension

Reaction score
I thought I just read on twitter if it's a 3 way tie with Dallas/Seattle/GB OR DET at 12-4 we have all the tie breakers?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
GB winning out and Seattle winning out - with a Dallas loss would also clinch it as Seattle owns the tiebreaker.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Weird. I heard if the Packers lose to the Bills we have HFA if we win out.

What changed?

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3bddmwwq said:
GB winning out and Seattle winning out - with a Dallas loss would also clinch it as Seattle owns the tiebreaker.
Yep but we don't even need Dallas to lose in that situation, any 3-way tie we would win. We basically just need the NFC North Winner to be 12-4.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Aros":y8uo7avg said:

What changed?
If We finish 12-4 and Dallas finishes 12-4 and the NFC North Winner is 11-5 we would be the #2 seed, that's really the only scenario we don't get the #1 seed.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Aros":16pp6lwk said:

What changed?

GB and Det can still finish 11-5, Dallas can finish 12-4 and has the h2h tiebreaker over us.

theascension

Reaction score
Timmahawk":s6pqjt1b said:
Aros":s6pqjt1b said:

What changed?

GB and Det can still finish 11-5, Dallas can finish 12-4 and has the h2h tiebreaker over us.
Highly unlikely though since both teams have 2 pretty easy games next week, Detroit rolling and GB is going to be motivated.

James in PA

Reaction score
Im glad the Colts still have something to play for next week (a first round bye). I do think that Green Bay will win their next 2 though to finish 12-4.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Green Bay plays @Tampa Bay (2-12). Detroit plays @Chicago (5-8 with Monday night game against Saints and a short week). Both games start at 1 PM ET. We will know several hours before our 8:30 PM ET kickoff whether we control our own destiny for home field advantage.

Green Bay is favored by 10. Detroit is favored by 4 1/2.

idahohawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1uzrihl7 said:

2. Detroit and Green Bay both Win this upcoming weekend (forcing the division winner to be 12-4)

2 and 3 are kind of the same thing, but both teams winning in Week 16 would clinch it since they play each other Week 17.

You are correct. If DET and GB both win next week, (and SEA wins out) HFA is a lock.

I don't see IND beating DAL. Their run D is not good.

GoHawks

JonRud

Reaction score
idahohawk":2ns6u8c5 said:
RunTheBall":2ns6u8c5 said:

You are correct. If DET and GB both win next week, (and SEA wins out) HFA is a lock.

I don't see IND beating DAL. Their run D is not good.

GoHawks

Agree with this unless for some strange reason Detroit & GB tie the finale and both finish 11-4-1. Clearly this is extremely unlikely just wanted to throw it out. The only way I can see it is if that game is Flexed to Sunday night, it goes to OT, and both teams realize a tie puts them both in the playoffs but a loss knocks them out.

It's very likely that GB will win the final 2 and if the Hawks win out we get the #1 seed. That seems the most likely to me.

I do not think Indy will win in Dallas next week. they will have a natural letdown after clinching the Division and small chance they get a bye. They will try in the game but I think Dallas runs all over them. Dallas is going to win out and be 12-4, we just need a 12-4 NFC North Champion.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":win9pwvg said:
Dallas is losing next week vs the Colts.
Well you were spot on with Buffalo so here's hoping you are gain.
Regardless, I'd feel better if both GB and Det win Sunday guaranteeing the division champ also finishes 12-4 so Hawks win 3 way tiebreaker.
I'll feel best if Hawks win their last 2 and get no worse than a 2 seed. The rest will be what it is.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I was predicting Indy to beat Dallas, but they are looking good the last few games, so let's just say Dallas wins out.

GB will roll the Bucs, and Detroit will likely beat CHI. GB will most likely beat the Lions at home, although teams with a strong DL give the Packers trouble (see Buffalo, SEA, etc.).

Even if both the NFCN teams stumble, and we win out, losing the tiebreaker to Dallas is probably the best case scenario for us outside of the 1 seed (outside of the obvious that we'd be at the 2 seed). Dallas has the worst HFA of any of the playoff teams left. Conversely, they're road warrriors who are undefeated (!) on the road this year. You want to go to their house, you don't want these guys coming to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.