Okung out vs. Arizona

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Per Pete on 710

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/544550992109244416[/tweet]

2_0_6

Reaction score
Whoever it was (Bailey?) looked good filling in for him. No false starts, no holds, and seemed to hold the edge.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Any news on Unger? He would be a huge addition if he can play Sunday.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm okay with a left side consisting of Carp and Bailey.

Yesterday the left side couldn't run block, but could pass block. The right side couldn't pass block, but could run block.

idahohawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":1t99onu3 said:

Apparently Pete was pretty vague & pessimistic about Unger, but maybe he's just trolling Arians. I hope that is the case.

Cartire

Reaction score
idahohawk":3bwb2ynq said:
iigakusei":3bwb2ynq said:

Apparently Pete was pretty vague & pessimistic about Unger, but maybe he's just trolling Arians. I hope that is the case.

LPJ has let a few slip though, but overall, his play has been just fine. Way better then Schilling, thats for sure. It would be nice to have Unger, but I dont think its a detriment to victory.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I didn't mind Bailey either, but with Okung being out of the game, he wasn't able to get his season average of penalties.
He was only able to get one false start before shoving that little white midget on the sideline. I

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I figured Okung would be out. A bruised chest wall is not a great injury to have when you are going to have guys slamming into your chest during an entire game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
at this point I don't even care with the line anymore.

when sweezy is your best lineman, what does it matter...just put 5 large bodies out there to make defenders at least have to run around them before demolishing the QB. I hope we don't pay any of these guys. I hate to be so down on part of a team that has as good a shot at any as winning the superbowl but I'm over it.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":20usw0zw said:
at this point I don't even care with the line anymore.

when sweezy is your best lineman, what does it matter...just put 5 large bodies out there to make defenders at least have to run around them before demolishing the QB. I hope we don't pay any of these guys. I hate to be so down on part of a team that has as good a shot at any as winning the superbowl but I'm over it.

Sweezy might be our best lineman, but he was pretty bad yesterday.

In any case, here's to our 7th different starting O-line combo when we play Arizona!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The the shuffling of the o-line continues............never a good thing when you are going against one of the top defenses in the league plus a team that already got, what, 7 sacks the first time against us.........

And yes I know that Okung wasn't playing all that well, but he did have a good game the first time against the Cards.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
At least we know this on Monday. Bevell has all week to install some plays that get the ball out of Russell's hands quickly.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3lpy9qe9 said:
At least we know this on Monday. Bevell has all week to install some plays that get the ball out of Russell's hands quickly.

Hes had the entire season to game-plan and install those types of plays....................haven't seen them yet.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
That half ending interception just got a lot more expensive.

pehawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":sdzomip8 said:

Bevell will conclude that Arizona believes he'll compensate in this regard, so, he'll try and do something entirely different. Him constantly auditioning for MENSA and/or a HC gig grates me a bit.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":tcxlp3sk said:
brimsalabim":tcxlp3sk said:

Bevell will conclude that Arizona believes he'll compensate in this regard, so, he'll try and do something entirely different. Him constantly auditioning for MENSA and/or a HC gig grates me a bit.
In other words you think he over thinks everything? Thus the complaints that he gets "too cute" I suppose.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1638rydr said:
pehawk":1638rydr said:
brimsalabim":1638rydr said:

In other words you think he over thinks everything? Thus the complaints that he gets "too cute" I suppose.
The consecutive sacks with a 10 point lead were Bevell dialing up kill shots. they were covered and Russ took hits he didn't need to. I thought the clipping call that preceded them was bogus anyway, but 3 plays, lost a shit ton of yards. Only good thing was the clock ran on the sacks. Anyway, those were cute play calls.

pehawk

Reaction score
I missed that display due to babysitter timing. But, it sounds bad. And diminishes some smart setups by Mr. Bevell.