49ers fans turn on Joe Montana

Geologic

Reaction score
Joe Montana played when the Seahawks were still in the AFC West. I could see why he does not have any animosity towards the Seahawks.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Ah webzone. if you changed the colors to green and called it the eagleswebzone the content would still fit for the most part, just a series of witless f-bombs and self-loathing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RunTheBall":20tzmfa1 said:
Montana posted a picture on Facebook of him with the Seahawks Bird. The post was later taken down but not before the 49ers fans turned on him with posts like "Blank this guy, yeah I said it"

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... k/page237/
Most of the denialzoners that are the biggest asshats on that site never saw the guy play.
All they remember are d-bags, not classy players like Montana who was respected league wide.

Threedee

Reaction score
I watched Montana play with the Chiefs, and so they have become my AFC team to root for over the years. It's funny, because I am an Irish fan and didn't know he played at ND back then. Also, the whole crowd noise debate, which is dominated by Seattle and KC.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
466652925-fan-wearing-a-san-francisco-49ers-hat-holds-up-a-sign.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

1fa5793fb31e95d4c3cbaf6a88727c6e868c5ce3b70ecf33e4

Giphy

sc85sis

Reaction score
He was in Seattle because he and his wife are selling jewelery she made for Beast Mode and the profits get split between Lynch's and Montana's foundations. They had an event last night after the game.

Some 49er fans need to get a grip. Yeah, it's not ideal that he posed with Taima. They have bigger issues to worry about at the moment.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
sc85sis":3w17a1cn said:
He was in Seattle because he and his wife are selling jewelery she made for Beast Mode and the profits get split between Lynch's and Montana's foundations. They had an event last night after the game.

Some 49er fans need to get a grip. Yeah, it's not ideal that he posed with Taima. They have bigger issues to worry about at the moment.
This...Montana and Beast Mode are actually friends. Why the hell would Montana care about a current rivalry

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
sc85sis":191wqyoo said:

That's a pretty cool reason to be in Seattle. Such a shame 49ers fans couldn't show a bit of civility and restraint.

I really like Joe Montana. He's one of my favorite old-time players. I absolutely loved watching him and those 49ers of the '80s play. Sure, I still rooted my heart out for the Seahawks, but when they weren't doing good, when they were out of the playoffs, I rooted for the 49ers back then. I hated the Cowboys, and that was the natural rivalry. The Seahawks weren't their rivalry, not back then.

If Jim Zorn went to San Francisco to do a charity thing and posed with Frank Gore, I wouldn't think a thing of it. Nobody should. It's a good cause, not a rivalry thing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It had to be the younger spoiled internet troll Niner fans, and not the old school Niner fans.

No proper old school Niner fan would ever criticize something like this, especially for a player of Montana's magnitude. It'd be like us complaining about Steve Largent taking a pic with the Niner mascot. Dumb.

grizbob

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":256fdl0k said:
sc85sis":256fdl0k said:

That's a pretty cool reason to be in Seattle. Such a shame 49ers fans couldn't show a bit of civility and restraint.

I really like Joe Montana. He's one of my favorite old-time players. I absolutely loved watching him and those 49ers of the '80s play. Sure, I still rooted my heart out for the Seahawks, but when they weren't doing good, when they were out of the playoffs, I rooted for the 49ers back then. I hated the Cowboys, and that was the natural rivalry. The Seahawks weren't their rivalry, not back then.

If Jim Zorn went to San Francisco to do a charity thing and posed with Frank Gore, I wouldn't think a thing of it. Nobody should. It's a good cause, not a rivalry thing.

Yeah, really like Montana too however, back then the niners became the most popular team in south central AK in an ADN poll and after that you couldn't find the Hawks on TV. The niners were on every week :x

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":v65ldbg1 said:
It had to be the younger spoiled internet troll Niner fans, and not the old school Niner fans.

No proper old school Niner fan would ever criticize something like this, especially for a player of Montana's magnitude. It'd be like us complaining about Steve Largent taking a pic with the Niner mascot. Dumb.
Agree. No way anyone around in the 80s to mid-90s rips Joe for this.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2lxcl07g said:
Sgt. Largent":2lxcl07g said:

Agree. No way anyone around in the 80s to mid-90s rips Joe for this.
Nope, and what's really sad about all their blubbering? you just can't fix stupid. :34853_doh:

taco40

Reaction score
Where is the shock and dismay by those same folks after every game seeing their players go out onto the field talking and hugging their opposition after the final gun each and every week. Isn't that a little more unsettling than a former star who also played for another team being seen with a team's mascot? Are those same reactionaries flipped out over Papaki hanging with a Seahawk's player in Florida last year?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
There were several butthurt Seattle fans when RW was pimping the Texas Rangers. Just the way it is.

sc85sis

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1xvu143s said:
There were several butthurt Seattle fans when RW was pimping the Texas Rangers. Just the way it is.
Yeah, some were upset, but I don't recall anyone saying Russell should ____ off.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
The necklace he's wearing in the picture also says beastmode 24. This would probably hurt to see, but as with everything, whiners go too far.

Latest posts