Time for a Meeting?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
We have all heard about the defensive meeting that got us going....is it time for the offense to have their own? Who would lead such a meeting? Thoughts

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
I think Pete needs to have a meeting with Bevell and go over how to play call properly. I love the ground game but there definitely comes a time to use the hard play action and take some shots, and although it was a bit better yesterday than weeks past, it still needs some improvement. Lots of 3 consecutive runs for 3-7 yards and then get stuffed for a 2 yard loss on the fourth run play in a row. How about a flea flicker, end around, HB option pass, etc something to slow the rush down and keep the opposition guessing.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":vflklg6i said:
We have all heard about the defensive meeting that got us going....is it time for the offense to have their own? Who would lead such a meeting? Thoughts

Sounds good to me...all three sides need to be clicking and be able to spell/save each other accordingly if we are gonna have a go at it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
chillax about the offense.

Last year everyone was worried about how our offense had performed to end the season and through the playoffs, and then I created a chart of the defenses wed played and how it wasn't worth worrying about.

We've just won 4 consecutive games by an average of nearly 2 touchdowns each.

more importantly that was against some pretty good defenses and 2 games on the road.

If any other team in the league beats seattle by even 1 point, and their offense looks bad doing it, they still are thankful for the W and getting over on a good defense.

Lets all cool our jets, we know what this team is and more importantly the team knows what it is. It's not changing any time soon.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If the Wishing Well is still open, I wish for more swing passes to Marshawn and Turbo... especially Marshawn.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yes, let's start rocking on the boat after one of the most impressive 4-game stretches in franchise history. Sounds legit.

Lynch is running well and the O-line is created those gaps for him. Wilson looks like Wilson. Receivers are making plays. They're doing a lot with very little. Redzone can get ugly, but we don't have redzone-specific talent. We're doing pretty okay there in spite of that. But yeah, I know no one is satisfied until this team is blowing out the NFC's best teams by 50-10 type scores.

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I agree last year looked a lot like this, just hoping that we can bring more intesity like on D....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":nnvffuc4 said:
I would like them to have a meeting where they tell DB that his services are no longer needed, and good luck with his future endeavors. 8)

jblaze

Reaction score
Those types of things need to be organic and not forced. They also need to be brutally honest and self-effacing.

I don't think they need to have a meeting like that right now, they're playing well and starting to peak going into the playoffs. We're starting to hit some explosive plays down the field and we're running the ball well.

We're in the toughest stretch of our season and we're dominating, don't get greedy.