Poll: Who is the Hawks' biggest roadblock to Super Bowl 49?

What team is the Hawks' biggest roadblock to getting to SB 49?

• Eagles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFC South winner

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Lions

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Packers

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 45 26.0%

• Total voters

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
So I've been thinking about this since yesterday and figured it might be fun to check the pulse of dot Net when it comes to my pondering.
Yes, I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, and yes I know 1-0 every week. But that's stuff the team needs to be focused on. IMO, we as fans get to look ahead and speculate and that's what this is......speculation.

For me, it's Dullass. I think Green Bay is soft and our Hawks eat soft teams for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think Arizona has too much to overcome at the QB position. I believe the Eagles don't get in and I believe the NFC South winner is crap no matter who it is. That leaves the Lions and the Cowpatties. I do think Detroit is a very good team and I almost picked them. Their D is for real and Stafford seems to have mostly figured out that interceptions hurt a team. However, they don't run the ball well and that usually bites teams in the rear end in January.

Dullass has a number of factors going for them that will make a game against them a tough one IMO. Their weakest area, that defense, is matched against our team's weakest area, our offense. On offense, they pass block very well and run the ball very well. They are also 7-0 on the road this year so if the game is indeed in Seattle they have that going or them as well. Maybe most importantly, they already know they can win at the C-Link.

To beat them, I think the Hawks need to dominate time of possession and find ways to make Romo nervous. Once he's nervous, he screws up and in order to make that happen the Hawks need to really slow down their run gam and make them work a lot from third and long. Pretty basic stuff, but its the formula Seattle has used to win a lot the last couple of years.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I voted Cards because it was closest to my feelings.

I like the "1-0 every week" mantra.

This week our biggest road block is Bruce Arians.

We will beat the Cards unless we get out coached, like the Rams game.

My 2 cents.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Seems to me the NFC Championship will be played in either Seattle or Green Bay. Either way those are the teams I see playing, so I'll have to say the Pack is the biggest roadblock. Its going to be cool to beat them again.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Cowboys. If we win out (which I'm planning on), only the Cowboys have the possibility of taking the #1 seed ahead of us. If we win out and the Cowboys win out, then we need either Green Bay or Detroit to also win out -- if that happens, then we own the tiebreaker for conference win% and we get homefield throughout.

If the Seahawks and Cowboys both win out, and GB and Detroit both lose, then the Pokes get the #1 seed.

Cowboys play Colts and @Redskins
Packers play @Bucs and Lions
Lions play @Bears and @Packers

If the Lions beat the Bears and the Pack beats the Bucs this week, then we control our own destiny all the way to the top. Unless the final game between the Lions and the Pack ends in a tie, then we'd need Dallas to lose or tie.

Interesting times!

pmedic920

Reaction score
IMHO, if you vote for anybody besides the Cards, you're putting the cart before the horse.
We still have two very important games to play.
As far as I'm concerned both are "must win"

If we end up seeded #1, I think we re-Pete.

I don't like our chances one bit, as a wild card.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I believe our biggest roadblock would be ourselves. As long as the Hawks play the type of game that they want to play then there is no other team I can see the Hawks losing too.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":172gad8u said:
Father Time.

Exactly. I was going to say the San Francisco 49ers. Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, and Bill Walsh are going to be tough to beat.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Themselves + injuries

I honestly believe if this defense stays healthy and keeps playing like it's playing, we don't lose another game this season, and that includes playoffs and SB.

But to answer your question, Dallas's offensive line scares the hell out of me, and I know Murray has a broken hand now but if he's even 80% of himself I can see Dallas giving us problems like the first game.

They're the only team I can think of that can crank up the run game to match our defense's physicality.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Got to go Cardinals on this one.

Green Bay isn't for sure a road block yet. They could draw a physical team in the 1st or 2nd round and get eliminated. Dallas same thing; there's nothing for sure to say we ever play them again.

The Cardinals are the next team in the way. They are at home, where they're undefeated. If they win, we won't get HFA throughout the playoffs, which would be a huge road block in itself.

Then it's the Rams, for all the same reasons. If we can't win those games, we won't have any playoff games at home, most likely. If we lose both of them, we probably don't make the playoffs, which is the only way we're even playing GB or DAL again.

I love the team's mental mindset of 1 game at a time. I don't prescribe to it as a fan, because my mental attitude doesn't matter to the team one bit. In this case though, 1 game at a time makes sense. It's all about Arizona. Then it's all about STL.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
pmedic920":xdhh905m said:
IMHO, if you vote for anybody besides the Cards, you're putting the cart before the horse.
We still have two very important games to play.
As far as I'm concerned both are "must win"

If we end up seeded #1, I think we re-Pete.

I don't like our chances one bit, as a wild card.

The question wasn't the most immediate road block, it was the biggest roadblock. I think an argument could definitely be made that a team not starting their 20th string QB is a larger road block than the cardinals overall

Vpk0718

Reaction score
And I would say an argument could be made that those teams will not be a roadblock at home, in January, with the D playing like it is. And only one team can stop us from getting home field (or at least a first round bye) at this point. If we lay an egg in Arizona, the road to XIX becomes much, much harder.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Vpk0718":372px6n0 said:
And I would say an argument could be made that those teams will not be a roadblock at home, in January, with the D playing like it is. And only one team can stop us from getting home field (or at least a first round bye) at this point. If we lay an egg in Arizona, the road to XIX becomes much, much harder.

Actually the more I think about it the more I think the Cardinals is actually the correct answer. Win this week and we probably have an > 90% chance of getting HFA and playing our next road game in the same place. Winning this next week is very key, and not just because it's our next game

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aside from injuries.. I'd say it's Green Bay by a country mile.

Rodgers and all those weapons are a force to be reckoned with. Defensively they are pretty paltry, but you still have to account for Matthews and Peppers.

Aside from Green Bay.. Arizona probably wouldn't be an easy out considering they have always given us hell with their frenetic blitzing and it's hard to beat a team 3x in one season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cowboys O-line and D-line scare me. I don't want to play them again. Our guys were manhandled on both sides of the ball for the whole game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkFan72":k2mwp17l said:
Cowboys O-line and D-line scare me. I don't want to play them again. Our guys were manhandled on both sides of the ball for the whole game.

Eh.. really do not fear the Cowboys at all. The Seahawks could not have played any worse that day.. Wagner hurt himself, Kam was playing at like 50% .. Maxwell left early. Simon was out. And collectively the vibe from the whole team was just off.. whether or not that was Harvin related or not.. who knows.

But all of this happened and it took an unreal catch on 3rd and Wenatchee to eventually get the go ahead TD.

I just think this team is light years better than they were in Week 6.

I also think the Cowboys will miss the playoffs after a loss to Indy and two Eagles wins.