Pete's Monday Press Conference NOW

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Scheduled for 3pm. Haven't heard anything about delays, so hopefully it'll be on soon. I'm not expecting much new information today though.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
The stream is live but it's just giving a black stream, so I don't know if it's malfunctioning or if he's not there yet or what.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Missed the start...

Says Okung is feeling better today

When asked about Bailey, he didn't sound overly positive, but didn't want to say anything negative. I think the phrasing was he was out there or something to that affect.

Still working on Unger coming back. Will have to wait and see.

Said Hill and Simon have played really solid

Asked about Lane not playing defense. He said they'll look at matchups before they decide who will play where

Helfet should be good to go this week. will see how that goes on Wednesday.

Moeaki has a sore shoulder. Another wait and see.

On the play to end the 1st half...he said it didn't work out. Said we didn't make the right throw there.

Asked if pass rush helps pass defense....he kind of seemed taken aback by the question (I was too honestly not a bright way to word it). Said he likes how we are getting after the passer and that they feed off of each other.

on Britt...said the Niners defense plays really good and their edge guys can be really tough to deal with.

On WR play. Gave props to P-Rich and Kearse, then added Baldwin's play towards the end of the half.

Said one aspect they are focusing to improve is the quick passing game and that Richardson was a beneficiary of that this week.

On Lindley starting.....said it's too early to say yet. Said there's not much we'll change on our defense.

Clarifiied on Okung. Said it sounds like a week or two.

Asked about Lynch's fundraiser. Said it was a packed room. Everyone was excited to be a part of it. Seemed to be a successful night.

That's it for today. Next Press conference is Wednesday.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Not one question about the pre-snap penalties that are killing drives.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Kidhawk did not miss anything to speak of at the beginning,. it was a fast start.... On Arizona's starting qb...he said that they will have to look at tape on both players from college and what they could dig up about them...The rest is what is written by Kidhawk...
Go hawks.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1ct9w5bm said:
Kidhawk did not miss anything to speak of at the beginning,. it was a fast start.... On Arizona's starting qb...he said that they will have to look at tape on both players from college and what they could dig up about them...The rest is what is written by Kidhawk...
Go hawks.

Thanks for adding that part in for me. Sometimes working at work can get in the way of the more important facets of life

.com has the video uploaded now for those who want to watch.

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-16-Monday-Press-Conference/f8b1f8c3-9ea4-4e2a-bbd5-cf02f72741ca[/urltargetblank]

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2xzp92lk said:
Still not good news on Unger. SIGH

yeah I get the impression there is no chance for him to play this week.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
lsheldon":3s8rqie6 said:
Haven't seen anything on Okung other than he suffered a bruised lung Sunday. Anyone else hear any updated info? Could be out more than a single week according to a comment posted on ESPN by Pete.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... uised-lung

In the synopsis above, Pete was asked for more clarification on the Okung injury and he said that it looks like a week or two. He had said earlier that Okung was feeling much better Monday than he did on Sunday which is a good sign.

I wouldn't expect him this week, even if he feels up to it, but that's just my opinion

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":2qahlx6c said:

I'll take care of that for you...

MEDIA: Can you talk a bit about the pre-snap penalties on offense that are killing drives?

CARROLL: We've got to get those kinds of things cleaned up. It puts you in a tough situation, especially against a defense like SF has. But it something we'll work on.

There you go. That's about the kind of non-answer Carroll would give. Acknowledging that a thing happened, and indicating that we would like to prevent it from happening (if bad) or continue making it happen (if good).

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2vpyyuv7 said:
Laloosh":2vpyyuv7 said:

I'll take care of that for you...

MEDIA: Can you talk a bit about the pre-snap penalties on offense that are killing drives?

CARROLL: We've got to get those kinds of things cleaned up. It puts you in a tough situation, especially against a defense like SF has. But it something we'll work on.

There you go. That's about the kind of non-answer Carroll would give. Acknowledging that a thing happened, and indicating that we would like to prevent it from happening (if bad) or continue making it happen (if good).

He was asked about that on his regular Monday appearance on KIRO. His answer wasn't dissimilar to volsung, but he said a part of it was that they are taught to push the edge, and it can cause the extra penalties.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Well, at least Helfet will be good to go.
Is Bailey hurt too? I didn't understand the comment about him. He is the starting LT for Okung, correct? Who comes in for Bailey if he is hurt?
I am not liking the LT situation at all.