Report: Dolphins likely to fire Philbin, pursue Dan Quinn

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Per Bleacher Report's Jason Cole (yeah I know, BR stinks more often than not but Cole is actually somewhat legit) the Dolphins are 80% likely to fire Joe Philbin.. and would then go all out for Harbaugh. However if they whiffed on Harbaugh, Dan Quinn would be their supposed "Plan B"

Thoughts?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2300 ... g-national

Basis4day

Reaction score
It goes without saying that Dan Quinn should expect to be on many short lists for coaching vacancies going forward.
The team in question is irrelevant.

Hate to lose him, but Pete actively supports members of his staff advancing. That alone makes Seattle an attractive spot for up and coming coaching talent.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I still think Hardouche has a real chance of ending up in Miami, but yeah we may well lose Quinn this offseason. Price of success.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, unless we happen to get to the Super Bowl I expect to see Quinn as a HC somewhere else. He would probably be a head coach this year if we didn't play in the Super Bowl last year since teams don't usually want to wait that long to hire a new coach.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Might as well get used to the fact that Quinn will be gone. He will be the hottest HC candidate out there once the Harbaugh situation sorts itself out.

rastahawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3sh0zp84 said:
I still think Hardouche has a real chance of ending up in Miami, but yeah we may well lose Quinn this offseason. Price of success.

Yeah I am kind of leaning that way too. Harbaugh probably goes to Miami. Out of all the dumpster fires I think Miami has the most upside for a quick turnaround. Besides it'll be lots of fun for that division - Belicheck, Rex Ryan (maybe), and Harbaugh.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Do you guys think Philbin might be a good replacement for Bevell if he leaves?

Has ties to John Schneider from their Green Bay days, had a big hand in developing Aaron Rodgers (so could be good for RW), and has run some good offenses (enough to get a HC job). Don't know if his style fits with what Pete wants to do, but wonder if he may be a good option if we lose Bevell.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We can replace Quinn as easily as we replaced Gus Bradley. It's PC's custom-built defense--he can plug anybody in there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3teka85e said:

Has ties to John Schneider from their Green Bay days, had a big hand in developing Aaron Rodgers (so could be good for RW), and has run some good offenses (enough to get a HC job). Don't know if his style fits with what Pete wants to do, but wonder if he may be a good option if we lose Bevell.
Neither of the offensive systems he has had in Miami were his. He had the OC from Texas A & M, and now Lazor.

pehawk

Reaction score
No to Philbin.

Maybe the Hawks can get Roman?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but Jason Cole spent the whole 2012 off-season hammering the Seahawks in a number of articles. He went on ESPN 710 criticizing Seattle for not committing to a quarterback before the 2012 season after they drafted Wilson and led a QB competition.

His suggestion was they should've made a big splash -- and should've traded up for Christian Ponder or Jake Locker.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3bca1v6n said:

Not an option at all. First of all, he didn't have a big hand in developing Rodgers. Mike McCarthy and Tom Clements are the ones who developed Rodgers....Rodgers himself has been very open about that. Secondly, he's never run an offense. The Packers offense belonged to McCarthy, and McCarthy was and has always been their play-caller. He hasn't been the play-caller in Miami either. He has no background in a run-first offense such as the one that PC employs, and he would be an atrocious personality/culture fit as the biggest complaint that his players in Miami have is that he is completely flat, unemotional and uninspiring. People need to divorce themselves from thinking that anyone with current or previous ties to the Packers/Schneider automatically make them a viable candidate in some capacity with the Seahawks. That's simply not the case.

irocdave

Reaction score
I would rather have Rex Ryan reincarnate himself here than Philbum. Same situation as Tom Cable, minus breaking the PR guys jaw.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Miami is on the cusp of giving the Pats a real run for the division next season. Any coach who goes there will make the playoffs with a little more talent added in the offseason. Probably one of the best coaching openings this offseason when it comes to the status of the team.

titan3131

Reaction score
The 49ers trade harbaugh and kapernick to miami for tannehill.

Think about it. What teams hat did kapernick wear that one offseason.

That's right this was their plan all along.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2ayisycm said:
HawkFan72":2ayisycm said:

Not an option at all. First of all, he didn't have a big hand in developing Rodgers. Mike McCarthy and Tom Clements are the ones who developed Rodgers....Rodgers himself has been very open about that. Secondly, he's never run an offense. The Packers offense belonged to McCarthy, and McCarthy was and has always been their play-caller. He hasn't been the play-caller in Miami either. He has no background in a run-first offense such as the one that PC employs, and he would be an atrocious personality/culture fit as the biggest complaint that his players in Miami have is that he is completely flat, unemotional and uninspiring. People need to divorce themselves from thinking that anyone with current or previous ties to the Packers/Schneider automatically make them a viable candidate in some capacity with the Seahawks. That's simply not the case.

Thanks for the info. I literally knew nothing about him as a coach other than the fact that he was in Green Bay for a while and seemed to be pretty successful there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
rastahawk":3vquntlw said:
hawksfansinceday1":3vquntlw said:

Yeah I am kind of leaning that way too. Harbaugh probably goes to Miami. Out of all the dumpster fires I think Miami has the most upside for a quick turnaround. Besides it'll be lots of fun for that division - Belicheck, Rex Ryan (maybe), and Harbaugh.

That Miami job is way better than the Oakland one. Miami has some great players on defense, they're very solid overall. I also think Harbaugh could make a great QB out of Tannehill.

It would be really entertaining to see two red asses like Belichick and Harbaugh going at it in the same division.