Wagner and Gore

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The article is from the 10th before the game in an interview with Gore:

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... bby-wagner

This is from the game.

frank-gore-injury-against-seattle.gif

Obviously not promoting the injury to Gore, but I've never seen someone get blindsided like that with that kind of outcome.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Frank Gore is old by NFL standards. He should be careful about everything he does on the field at this point.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
yeah that was weird eh? dude looked like got poleaxed and seemed to barely make contact.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I never wish injury on any player, and I'm not happy to see anyone get hurt, even on the 49ers. But that doesn't mean I have to feel sorry for Gore for ringing his own bell on a *EDIT* move like that.

Smellyman

Reaction score
about time Bobby getting the praise he deserves. he has been lights out almost since day one. (better than the overhyped Luke K. imo)

As Salk said this morning though. "Should Gore just reitre?"

If I was Gore I would seriously consider it. One of the toughest/hardest runners in the league for years. keep your health man

raisethe3

Reaction score
What's funny to me is that Gore was the one delivering the hit.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Oh wow... I hadn't see that. If that impact concussed him, he's *got* to retire ASAP. For his own health, if nothing else. I mean, that was *nothing* by NFL standards. Hell, they probably hit harder than that when they're practicing without pads!

I yield to no one in my disdain of the Santa Clara-based franchise, but Gore's a cool dude, and I hate to see him ruin his brain for my entertainment.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I like Bolden's block in the back against KJ. No flag.

GFang

Reaction score
The hit didn't look that bad. But then again, Wagner is built like a brick sh*thouse, while Gore has already accumulated about a gazillion blows to his cranium during his career. I too hope #21 hangs it up for his health's sake.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Reaneypark":21fdx94t said:
I like Bolden's block in the back against KJ. No flag.

Total bush league play by Bolden, blatant clipping. I'm glad KJ didn't get hurt.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea Boldin will definately cheap shot you if you're not looking for it.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
It reminded me of the Mullins-Gaines hit where Chucky Mullins went for the hit and paralyzed himself, dying 2 years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbOC6jbUrv4&t=0m33s
I honestly was worried for Gore until I saw that he launched himself into Bobby's back with an attempted cut block, which could have been devestating to BWagz. I don't wish injury for any player but I think it's ironic that Gore knocking himself out of the game robbed the 49ers up their momentum. They should've gone into halftime with the lead the way they were playing.

themunn

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Gore DIDN'T retire this year. New coaching regime, year older - a lot further away from winning the Superbowl.
There's not really much left for him, is there?

akscoundrel

Reaction score
On one hand I respect the work gore has done throughout all these years, but on the other hand, that hit was some funny stuff IMO. Goes to blindside Wagner, barely knocks Wagner out of balance but knocks himself out. Who does that?

Threedee

Reaction score
I had Gore on my 2012 FF squad, and so I remember that he was unhealthy during the middle of the season with rib injuries. I also had Antonio Gates, who was utterly worthless. Both have rebounded impressively, but however good their seasons are, they are getting old.