Odd Russell Wilson stat from SF game

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
On passes to receivers within 11 yards of the line of scrimmage, Wilson went 10-of-11 for 86 yards. On passes to receivers at least 32 yards downfield, he went 2-of-2 for 82 yards. In between, he went 0-for-11 with an interception. He was also sacked five times

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick- ... uick-reads

So any pass over 11 yards but less than 32 Wilson was 0-11. SF took away the passing game except for dinks and dunks and the two big plays he created himself by scrambling. Other than that, WR's weren't really getting open.

This is not normal for Wilson. Going back and looking over all the other Quick Reads, Wilson is thriving on deep balls and not doing well on dink and dunks. So this was obviously the concious attempt by SF to take away the deep ball.

I wonder if you great All-22 guys could give us a look at how they did it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":29cnui25 said:
How many of those 11 incompletions were throwaways?

I'd say almost all of them.

SF does the same thing that Arizona and St. Louis try to do with Russell.............press cover, load the box to stop Lynch and pinch the ends to contain Russell.

While Russell is a pretty good passer from the pocket, he does have a hard time passing from the pocket down field with people in his face. Thus the scramble/throwaways and couple overthrows.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3u8lb1a9 said:
How many of those 11 incompletions were throwaways?
I'd love to see someone with All-22 post up that stuff, show us WHY they were throwaways, etc.

Come on .netters! One of you guys has too much time on his hands ;)