Some love for Bailey/Carp's run-blocking

pehawk

Reaction score
The great thing about last year, aside from the obvious, was the depth built by throwing Baliey in the games. Still wish Bowie had cared enough to stick around.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":36r5k4tj said:
Best thing about that is watching Tukuafu putting Aldumb on his ass after the two were jawing.

I was just going to say that too. That was the most difficult block on that play (sans Sweezy's, which he missed). I doubt Coleman is strong enough to have made that block.

pehawk

Reaction score
One thing I noticed generally, is Sweezy is an artist at hitting dudes on the ground right before the whistle. If there's no one left to block, and the plays about dead, Sweezy will immediately spear the closest downed opponent. Awesome.

Look how good Britt moves in the GIF.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
pehawk":wcza006u said:
One thing I noticed generally, is Sweezy is an artist at hitting dudes on the ground right before the whistle. If there's no one left to block, and the plays about dead, Sweezy will immediately spear the closest downed opponent. Awesome.

Look how good Britt moves in the GIF.

Too bad Sweezy whiffs on his block on this play. It's Britt who gives Nick Moody that extra hit to knock him into the turf . . . Sweezy's general nastiness is contagious.

DisfiguredGlisteningCivet.gif

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cann'd Smith right on his ass, I love it.

Sweezy was actually pretty canny on that play. Notice how he misses his guy, so he just lays out. He's really tripping the DLman flowing down the line behind him, without really tripping him.

Sweezy can really run block well, I just am not fond of his pass pro. Ironic that Britt is basically the same.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hawks46":x3hlmbut said:
Cann'd Smith right on his ass, I love it.

Sweezy was actually pretty canny on that play. Notice how he misses his guy, so he just lays out. He's really tripping the DLman flowing down the line behind him, without really tripping him.

Sweezy can really run block well, I just am not fond of his pass pro. Ironic that Britt is basically the same.

Nice catch. Sweezy did a "backwards cut block". It actually worked pretty well.