If we get the number one seed.

KatarHol

Reaction score
If we get the number one seed, there is a very good chance that in the divisional round we would play the winner of a game between Arizona and the NFC South Champions. Nothing in the NFL is ever easy, but this is about as nice of a road to the Championship game that can be hoped for.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aristotle22":3fb3oeyb said:
That would be nice

So said the Saints a few years ago coming to Seattle against a 7-9 team.

It's hard enough to win in the NFL during the regular season. I have faith in these Seahawks home or away, and think they are nearly unstoppable at home, but come playoffs, I take no team for granted.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
If we get the #1 seed we Are going back to the Super Bowl . No doubt in my mind. dont care who we are playing!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, no way in hell we lose at home if we get the #1 seed. We will be sitting there with a week off, and coming off winning 9 of 10 games to end the regular season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":30sylf3f said:
If we get the #1 seed we Are going back to the Super Bowl . No doubt in my mind. dont care who we are playing!

Last year I thought we needed HFA to win it all, this year I'm not concerned one bit about seeding. I'd like HFA just so all the local fans can get the extra game(s), but the way our defense is playing, we can beat anyone, anywhere

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":whe57afp said:
Aristotle22":whe57afp said:
That would be nice

It's hard enough to win in the NFL during the regular season. I have faith in these Seahawks home or away, and think they are nearly unstoppable at home, but come playoffs, I take no team for granted.

He's saying playing the NFC south champs or Cardinals is the best case scenario. He's not wrong.

themunn

Reaction score
kidhawk":2f9y9hgv said:
hawkfannj":2f9y9hgv said:

Last year I thought we needed HFA to win it all, this year I'm not concerned one bit about seeding. I'd like HFA just so all the local fans can get the extra game(s), but the way our defense is playing, we can beat anyone, anywhere

I agree to an extent that we can beat anyone anywhere. However, I think with a 1st round bye we can get a much needed rest we haven't had since week 4. And with the possibility of nearly a full month in Seattle without travelling, our guys can rest up so much that come February, we can drop a 40 point beatdown on the poor souls that are unlucky enough to win the AFC

kidhawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":7kkvkfi6 said:
kidhawk":7kkvkfi6 said:
Aristotle22":7kkvkfi6 said:
That would be nice

He's saying playing the NFC south champs or Cardinals is the best case scenario. He's not wrong.

Nothing says he's right either. Just because a team has a lesser record in the regular season doesn't mean they'll be a cakewalk in the post season. We could get the "supposed" best team besides us, and they could have an awful day while on the flip side, the worst team could play the perfect game. Once you get to the playoffs anything can happen, as we proved against the saints just a few years ago. That is my only point

rideaducati

Reaction score
KatarHol":5c7n9y64 said:
WHEN we get the number one seed, there is a very good chance that in the divisional round we would play the winner of a game between Arizona and the NFC South Champions. Nothing in the NFL is ever easy, but this is about as nice of a road to the Championship game that can be hoped for.

Fixed it for you. If? haha.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1qfkshof said:
Exactly, no way in hell we lose at home if we get the #1 seed. We will be sitting there with a week off, and coming off winning 9 of 10 games to end the regular season.

A week off..and being at home for a few weeks since our last game is in Seattle against the Rams.

kearly

Reaction score
kidhawk":1z8tmzay said:
Aristotle22":1z8tmzay said:
That would be nice

I get what you are saying, but the Saints were going on the road into the most disruptive venue in sports, to a team that had faced them a couple months before and was competitive in the game. It really shouldn't have ever been considered a gimme.

I think a better example would be the 2012 Broncos or the 2011 Packers. Both earned bye weeks, both played mediocre regular season teams who backed into the playoffs, and both those games were at home for the better team. And both the Packers and Bronocs lost. In the case of the Packers, they lost in embarrassing fashion. The two "easy" teams that beat them each went on to win the SB.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2iddj6mt said:
Recon_Hawk":2iddj6mt said:
kidhawk":2iddj6mt said:
Aristotle22":2iddj6mt said:
That would be nice

Nothing says he's right either.Just because a team has a lesser record in the regular season doesn't mean they'll be a cakewalk in the post season. We could get the "supposed" best team besides us, and they could have an awful day while on the flip side, the worst team could play the perfect game. Once you get to the playoffs anything can happen, as we proved against the saints just a few years ago. That is my only point

You have a fair point. I just don't see the need to quote people and preach to those who point out the truth of the situation. The betting odds, analysis and simple observation says he is right; we have a better chance winning against those team than others. That's my point. We can play the "Any Given Sunday" card, but the facts are the games played aren't 50-50 just because its the playoffs. The odds says Seattle wins against those opponents more times than they would against Dallas or even Greenbay if they can't win the NFC north.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if we actually play the lions or packers in the Divisional round. If we get the 1st seed then more then likely the Cards wlll be 5th seed and either the Lions or Packers will be the 6th seed. I expect Dallas who is the current 3rd seed to maintain that at the end of the year which means in the wild card it would be Dallas vs Packers or Lions in Dallas. I could see either team beating Dallas which would make them our foe for the Divisional round.

NFC South will be the 4th seed and the Cards at 5 would play. Winner of that would play the 2nd seed if Dallas loss. Its an exciting final 2 weeks in the NFC this year. yeah for us fans :thirishdrinkers:

Hawks46

Reaction score
If we get the #1 seed, we all need to kiss the guy's ass that called this 8 games ago and made a post about, then promptly got crucified by half the board.

He had bigger nuts that most of us, at least at that moment. Salut my friend.