Offensive Struggle?

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
So do we really have an offense problem, or have we just been playing really good defenses.

Defensive Dvoa ranks
Sf 5 (x2)
Cards 6
Phi 8

Every other game this year we scored more than 24 with exception of the Carolina game which was early in the year and was a win anyways.

Sorry im not buying offensive struggles, if anything this offense is going to be tough and battle tested coming out of this gauntlet we are still in the middle of with Az-6, and Stl-7 to finish the season.

kearly

Reaction score
The Hawks have missed a ton of opportunities once reaching scoring position during this stretch, but otherwise I think they've played pretty well on offense. Above average.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":3qe6gmh1 said:
The Hawks have missed a ton of opportunities once reaching scoring position during this stretch, but otherwise I think they've played pretty well on offense. Above average.

I think people take issue with the passing game and scoring TDs when we get in the redzone. I think it was mentioned during the broadcast but I believe they said we were like 26th in the league in TD % in the Redzone which is TERRIBLE.

Only reason why our offense doesnt get even more criticism than it should is because the D is playing so good. You think with Lynch and Wilson we would be able to at least be league avearage in TD% but for whatever reason we just settle for FGs

FireHawk79

Reaction score
I wonder what the percentages are for trips to the red zone, then backed out of the red zone with penalties? I would think it has to be fairly high. And of course how many times we have scored a td to have it nullified by a penalty is another area that hurts our scoring percentages!!!

AgentDib

Reaction score
As I think most people have realized over the last month we have a red-zone problem not an offense problem. The reasons are numerous and have been documented everywhere already, but I still think the TEs on our roster can step up and become that factor that most fans are waiting on the draft for.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2c5cics7 said:

We're crap in the red zone but other than that we rack up yards and we're on a pace for the same amount of points as we scored last year.

I think we're also better in TOP than we were last year.

kf3339

Reaction score
kearly":w51a11ol said:

The last several weeks we have been in scoring position to at least get a FG and for various reasons have ended up with no points. Just converting those misses as FG's makes our wins even more dominant, so just clean that stuff up at the very least.

themunn

Reaction score
It's not going to get better until the playoffs either. It was one of the reasons I was so confident in the superbowl vs Denver, because although we'd struggled to put points on the board, it was in part because our last 6 games en route to the bowl were against SFx2, Arizona, St Louis, NO and NYG. All of whom finished top 10 in total D (maybe not the Rams, but we know how tough they can play). Even the NO game was in awful weather to add a further element of difficulty.

If we can get through this last stretch, we'll almost 100% play an opponent we've already seen again in both NFC playoff games, and we know Russell never loses the second matchup with a team (Arizona excluded, who we'll see how well we can handle with a third string QB this week).

All after that we play some weak ass AFC defense and the end result looks awfully familiar.

I wasn't confident we'd win the SB earlier this season when Wagner was out and had no known return date. But now I feel like ONLY injuries can stop us doubling up.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
themunn":1ive62wk said:
It's not going to get better until the playoffs either. It was one of the reasons I was so confident in the superbowl vs Denver, because although we'd struggled to put points on the board, it was in part because our last 6 games en route to the bowl were against SFx2, Arizona, St Louis, NO and NYG. All of whom finished top 10 in total D (maybe not the Rams, but we know how tough they can play). Even the NO game was in awful weather to add a further element of difficulty.

If we can get through this last stretch, we'll almost 100% play an opponent we've already seen again in both NFC playoff games, and we know Russell never loses the second matchup with a team (Arizona excluded, who we'll see how well we can handle with a third string QB this week).

All after that we play some weak ass AFC defense and the end result looks awfully familiar.

I wasn't confident we'd win the SB earlier this season when Wagner was out and had no known return date. But now I feel like ONLY injuries can stop us doubling up.

This is exactly what i was feeling when i started this thread.